Trailer Trash

Torrential Tuesdaily (Read 38 times)

Seems like we had some serious storms here last night. Maybe that's why I couldn't sleep. After a serious bout with insomnia, I got about 4 hours sleep total, then woke up at 5 AM for a humid, hour long run.  I also have a frisbee game after work tonight.

QOTD: 2-a-days....do you do them? Do you like them?    I've only done a couple but now that I am becoming a morning runner, I could see myself doing it more as my summer/fall training progresses.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

TnC - morning running huh? Good luck.  It takes a while for it to become a habit.  Even now I still have mornings that I "just cannot get up" like today.  But I was only going to go to the gym so it's ok.

QOTD: Never have.  I struggle just to find the time to run once in a day.  I've thought about it though but not much beyond that.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

TnC - morning running huh? Good luck.  It takes a while for it to become a habit.  Even now I still have mornings that I "just cannot get up" like today.  But I was only going to go to the gym so it's ok.

QOTD: Never have.  I struggle just to find the time to run once in a day.  I've thought about it though but not much beyond that.

Have a great day!

Yes! It's becoming easier and easier I find. The key for me is the pre-run coffee. I set the auto-brew and wake up to the smell, which really helps me get out of bed. That plus a Honey Stinger waffle and I am good to go!

NorthernHarrier

Beautiful morning here so I've got one foot out the door right now and will do a longish road run.(forgive me) Weights when I get back.

I am impressed by how many of you guys can get the workouts in and still balance work, family, and other interest. Once I get a real job soon I do wonder how I'll be able to do it.  When I ran my own business for all those years it was just never an issue as I would get a run in at some point during the day as I controlled my schedule and didn't have to answer to the man. Have to see how it all works out I guess.

QOTD- If you're talking two runs I have done them at times but I just didn't see the value. Just left me tired and I know we hate the term around here but the second workout was just "junk" miles.    My two a days or even three a days involve cross-training of some sort--biking, swimming, skiing, weights, etc. Keeps me fresher.

DigDug2

6.5 on the road/rail trail this a.m. - started out drizzling, ended up pouring.  Other than waterlogged clothes and shoes, not unpleasant.

QOTD:  never have done two-a-days - I've thought about it but generally I'm happy to get my one-a-day in.

runtraildc

timely qotd.  I was going to do a double of two short runs today, but ended up sleeping in,.  Felt good, so I think it was needed.  So, plan B is to get 6-ish miles in tonight between a combination of treadmill at the gym  and a short run at dusk.

harrier, if you start working again, how will you be able to take those long trips, let alone daily runs?  Might be worth of a renegotiation with the DW.

qotd:  rarely (see above), but I tend to add other workouts (strength, yoga, etc.) into the day.  I'm also trying to add more overall activity into my day (bike commute, lunch walk).  That seems to be working better.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

Ended up doing the Ironstrength workout last night.  First time in a while.  It was tough, but felt good (one legged squats with jumps...ouch).  I tried to do a 4 mi recovery run afterwards but had a "feeling" (not quite pain) in my foot so I cut it short.  I am ramping back up so I need to be vigilant with these types of things Wink.

QOTD: Never done them, doubt I ever will.  I don't doubt that there is value in them, but I can't see fitting that into my life.  Pretty much all my free time is after work and waking up earlier would mean going to be earlier which = spending less time with the GF, which ain't a gonna happen.

**Ask me about streaking**

XtremeTaper

A huge break in the heat meant last night's run was done in 76-78 degree temps. Of course it stormed all afternoon so the dew point was off the charts so it really was no different than running in 95 degrees on a normal recent evening. Since the conditions were so lovely, I turned one of my normal 6.5 mile'ish loops into 8 miles by repeating one of the sections. Slow run due to slick rocks and mud. Tonight, I think I will try something flat and brisk on the rail trail.

QOTD: 2 a days or doubles. I used to do them quite often. Typically they were easy days, where I'd run 5-7 mi on the road in the morning or midday and a similar distance on the trails in the evening. That's when I was logging 70-90 mpw though. I think maybe I've done one double this year. 

In dog beers, I've only had one.

sugnim

Good morning.  I got a quick 4 miles in this morning with our dog.  The trail was cool and quiet.

QOTD:  Nope.  Not only do I not do 2-a-days, but I also don't run 2 days in a row.  I enjoy running, but I also enjoy spending time with my family, working in the garden, cooking, taking care of the house, playing music, and other things.  I don't ever want one thing to become the only thing I do when I'm away from work.

Low_O2

Hello all.

Got in a nice easy 5 miler with my wife, DS and the dog last night. Threw in a few speedy stretches to see how the legs are feeling and I think they are coming around after a few easier days. A short run planned for tonight. Taper madness is starting to set in, I am analyzing everything that I thought I already had figured out for my 50k this weekend. Should be fun!

Jamezilla - that Iron strength workout is a killer! I used to do that, but haven't in a while. Probably should throw that back in the routine...

QOTD: Haven't done them with running exclusively, but often throw in another activity such as biking or hiking. I may experiment with it a bit one of these days, as it is getting harder to get in the longer week day runs with DS around.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Jamezilla - that Iron strength workout is a killer! I used to do that, but haven't in a while. Probably should throw that back in the routine... 

Agreed...too much of a killer!  I scale it back and do 2-4 reps of each "super set", which is plenty.  You know when they call for 6x15 jump squats right off that bat that you are in trouble (I did 6x10)

**Ask me about streaking**

Chnaiur

SRD

QOTD: no doubles running. I have done weights in the morning and some other workout in the pm a few times. I liked the additional energy I felt for both workouts. p

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

dpc3

I'll be running out here this evening after my meetings:

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Still in an air splint from my fall Saturday a couple more days then I can see where I'm at .

QOTD : Yes - I can run a short distance at lunch during the week then some more when I get home .

muppy

Did 16 muggy miles, we got 4 inches of rain last night so I settled for the rail trail. Plan on yoga class tonight, should help me loosen up.

Dpc3, looks beautiful! Where is it?

QOTD I've never done doubles, but I dream about running to work and back, about 7 miles each way.