Trailer Trash

Championship Sunday (Read 38 times)

Chnaiur

Hey ya'll,

and a belated Happy New Year! Sue reminded me I haven't checked in for a loooong time.

Did a 2-hour run along the Beaches and Bluffs of San Francisco yesterday. That also reminded me of this cool community. It was by far the longest I've run since my 50k in April, and I really did enjoy it. So maybe I'll so something similar next week :-)

Overall, I've been running 6-7 times per week, but rarely for more than 30 minutes. 2014 was way too packed with stuff for me to want to run: got evicted, bought house, very delayed renovation, living without a kitchen for 4 months, took a new job, lost my job after an acquisition, my son started first grade then a month later second grade, etc, etc.

QOTD: I've been very healthy this winter. Not working helps :-)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Very diplomatic....i'm just hoping Mandy isn't so competitive that she re-injuries herself.  My Moon needs to get in on this since she also has been in the dumps a wit.

I'm pulling for both of you. Running makes you happy, and that's what you need,  and Mandy was out way too long.

How's that for being diplomatic. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Oh looky looky who just dropped in....well hello chnauir!   Sounds like you had quite the year.  It will only get better.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Lace- I don't think you have my sympathy.  If I understand correctly, the period for special consideration had passed and they'd opened  registration and filled, even those they may have held for Grand Slammers.   If that's the case, the RD is being generous if she bumps you above the wait list and gives you a slot, IMO.

I'm not looking for sympathy. You don't even have to register for the slam until June 24th, 2015. It's currently January. In uncharacteristic fashion Vermont sold out very early. I think the Slam is doing Vermont a favor for allowing them to be in the Slam in the first place.

Tell me more about this "period for special consideration" because this is the first I've heard of it.

moonlightrunner

Just had a great, slushy hilly solitary run at the state park. I t was wonderful! Queen and Mandy...so glad you are having a healthy competition.

As I recall...someone here mentioned the silence of winter...it was like that for me....not a sound except the slog of my slushy steps. I stopped to listen. It was silent. Once when I stopped I could here a woodpecker...not drumming...but looking for food. It was awesome.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready for a rainy, slushy evening run. I'll start work later tomorrow, so that leaves some space for a night run, yay!

QOTD: Aside from my usual bi-weekly or so stomach bugs, I've been healthy so far. But that's normal for me. Only later in the year, when everybody else has gotten over their colds and flus, I'll treat myself to a great pneumonia...   Hopefully not this year!

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Very diplomatic....i'm just hoping Mandy isn't so competitive that she re-injuries herself.  My Moon needs to get in on this since she also has been in the dumps a wit.

Nah, I'm not that competitive.  Definitely not enough to run myself into injury.  I'm just doing my own thing and waiting for you to catch up. 

Jamie, I'm really glad you were able to get out there!

NH, maybe that's another discussion topic during a run!

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

NH, maybe that's another discussion topic during a run!

Of course after I posted that I was running and remembered you are doing a little adventure run in Az. shortly so next time we're running feel free to give me shit. 

Gonna be a lot of grumpy people running around Wi. tomorrow after this game. 19-7 with just over 2 minutes left.  OMG!