Trailer Trash

Finally Fridaily (Read 28 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Work early, so no morning run. When I left my house at 5, the full moon was just peeking through the heavy clouds and fog, it looked spectacular. Combined with the 66 degrees and 100% humidigy, it had some magical feel to it, and the mountains were calling my name, but...

Maybe a few miles later in steamy heat (or maybe a drizzle).

Kelly: Hmmm - running down the mountain at full speed, having some growling monster check out your behind, I wonder if your aim would be any better

QOTD: Apple-Cinnamon oatmeal with lots of raisins and nuts, or eggs with bacon on an English muffin. I got a taste for the latter just recently, never tried it before a run - might be too heavy for me for running.

Run for fun.

Gator eye

moon- It was a disaster, my first DNF ever. It's caused me to second guess everything I've been doing the last 4 years.

As always the course and the race was well run and had a great day for it but something upset my stomach around mile 14 and once I started puking I couldn't stop, even hours after I quit running. I've never had stomach problems and always been able to eat or drink whatever I want without much thought. I threw in the towel at mile 25, I couldn't even keep water down.

I thought maybe I pick up a bug but I felt fine the next day.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Overslept again so went out for a long lunch run.  a mile and a half to the trail head, 3.5 miles of muddy jumpy fun, and a quick run back total 6.85. Merged onto the main road on the way back just ahead of another runner, and just had to stay ahead of her..last 0.85 was at 8.22 pace..turned the corner and she was a 1/4 mile behind..
        80*F and 80% Humidity left me soaking, and not from splashing in the mud puddles!

11 min pace overall

QOTD:  Bagel and cream cheese,  or pumpkin pie if its the morning after thanksgiving.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Daydreamer1

Hello from Brazil. I decided to come down here to watch some World Cup games. Also had to do a little trail running in the jungle. It certainly is different dodging Caimans and Anacondas instead of rattlers and black bears. I think there might have even been a few indigenous head hunters firing poisoned darts at me .

Oh, wait. (Daydreamer slaps self a side head and vision passes)

Actually it was 13.1 miles on the trails in the rain forest of central PA. The Temp wasn't that high but the humidity sure was and it must have rained quite a bit more then I realized last night. Some of the trails were trimmed back this spring and are quickly growing shut again. Seems like the humidity makes things grow fast.  I did a lot of sweating with very little evaporation.  Other then that it was a fairly decent run. My longest and toughest in three weeks so my legs are a little wasted. Gotta start piling on the mileage if I want to do good at my August marathon.

QOTD: Biscuits and Gravy. Doesn't matter if it's sausage or chipped beef gravy. I get this maybe two to three times a year. My normal non-working day breakfast is maple and brown sugar mini-wheats mixed with a few Cherrios. On work days I often eat yogurt and fruit.

moonlightrunner

moon- It was a disaster, my first DNF ever. It's caused me to second guess everything I've been doing the last 4 years.

As always the course and the race was well run and had a great day for it but something upset my stomach around mile 14 and once I started puking I couldn't stop, even hours after I quit running. I've never had stomach problems and always been able to eat or drink whatever I want without much thought. I threw in the towel at mile 25, I couldn't even keep water down.

I thought maybe I pick up a bug but I felt fine the next day.

Gator! That sucks! I wonder what it was. I dont know if you like shorter races...but July 4 there is the t Rex 10 miler in Lowell. I am going to take my two nieces. We are going to do the 10mile...there is also an 8k

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k