Trailer Trash

Considering Pearl Izumis? (Read 35 times)

jmctav23

2/3rds training

The whole EM line (well all the garish colors at least) has gone to the liquidation page on running warehouse, both road and trail versions.  I used the N1 trail last summer/fall for everything from track workouts to a sandy desert 50k and really liked them.  Probably the nicest feeling upper I've experienced in a shoe, plus a really smooth and quick turnover; these shoes love running fast.  Only drawback is the not so aggressive outsole that I wore out rather quickly doing a lot of rock scrambling last fall.  I'm going to grab up some road N1 to see what they're like.

No, I'm not sponsored by them or runningwarehouse, I just think it's a good shoe that people should try out, especially given the low cost.  Use FB15D to drop another 15 percent off.

Watoni

The whole EM line (well all the garish colors at least) has gone to the liquidation page on running warehouse, both road and trail versions.  I used the N1 trail last summer/fall for everything from track workouts to a sandy desert 50k and really liked them.  Probably the nicest feeling upper I've experienced in a shoe, plus a really smooth and quick turnover; these shoes love running fast.  Only drawback is the not so aggressive outsole that I wore out rather quickly doing a lot of rock scrambling last fall.  I'm going to grab up some road N1 to see what they're like.

No, I'm not sponsored by them or runningwarehouse, I just think it's a good shoe that people should try out, especially given the low cost.  Use FB15D to drop another 15 percent off.

Thank you! I might pick up some N1s. I have used both the trail N1s and N2s and mostly agree with your assessment

ceezy

Sorry to bump an old--ish thread but I owe it for my love of my Pearls'. Smile

Have both N1 and N2 Trails and they are both excellent (actually just got my 2nd pair of N2s).

As you said the upper is really great and they do have a really great smooth ride. They also compliment each other really well (for my uses anyway)....

I agree with you that the tread isn't the most aggressive so not ideal for really muddy deep stuff, on the flipside they both handle roads really well.  I recommend them to anyone looking for a new trail shoe. I tried a pair of M2s and they are nice if you need a bit more support.  (And I fully admit it, I hate the garish color combinations they sometimes use).

And I'm really miffed I missed the 15% code, been using a 10% one for quite a while at RW. Wink

Let me know what you think of the N1 road, tried a pair of N2s but the trail felt better to me.