Trailer Trash

Muddling Mondaily (Read 32 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Couldn't get out of bed..too dark..sleepy...will run the 6 ish after work.  Can't wait for the time change this weekend to make it a little brighter in the AM.  Ran a very slow 6 yesterday.  Signed up for Northface 26 mile on 12/06, so I better get some long runs in!!

QOTD:  I did get the newspaper which is mostly local news...stopped getting it and miss it a bit...as for national news I pretty much like to keep my head buried in the sand.  I watch the today show..if you call that news.

LB2:  Also very excited for you...

DPC2:  yea....welcome back...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Beautifully warm, so maybe I'll go for a walk or short run tonight.

QOTD:  Am I the only one who reads Playboy for the news?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Going out for 6 or 7 after work, it's a beautiful day here in Philly. Still warm enough for shorts and tank or t-shirt.

QOTD: Usually Twitter in the AM, but I do follow reputable news sources on there (NYT, Philly Inquirer etc.)  It also seems to be the quickest place to get breaking news.

some call me Tim

Just 3 at home here, and a lotta mobility work... keeping things loose before Mendon on Saturday. We had frost on the ground this AM, but it warmed up real quick. The forecast for the weekend is a little different. Low 30s and snow!

QOTD: Some NPR and some FB, but the news is definitely low priority with me.

LB2

No, you are not.

LB2

LB2

LB2:  Also very excited for you...

Thanks Sue. I don't have a crew like Jason had at WSER, but I think I have a pretty good one.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

that's pretty old school too...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Late to the party today. Every time I started to try and post at work, I was interrupted BY WORK!. TF!

No run today...and i was so disappointed! It was beautiful out. Sunny and 73. But...i had to come  home to babysit so did could go to the laundromat.

Lb: excited for you. I will be thinking of you!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

Even later to the party. I was told it was a beautiful weekend but I wouldn't know as I was on my back sick as hell. Still felt rotten today but still went into work. Dumb. Kept it light and survived but still dumb. Should be much better by tomorrow I think but I will hold off running for another day.  Yes, I know it's a running site so I promise to run in a day or so. I very seldom get sick but when I do it's a four alarm fire.

Gonna go vote in the morning as we are allowed to vote early here. Hopefully I can vote often as my candidate and I'm sure Mandy's too needs our help.

QOTD--We still do the morning paper here. I read the sports page. Also get my news from ESPN, CBS sportsline, and Sports Illustrated. See a theme here.

Sandy-2

5 miles along a busy road this morning (Tues).  I went in the opposite direction than yesterday, just to do a bit of sightseeing.  Nothing much to see, but some very old and rundown buildings.  I went out early so it was an easy run "out", but coming "back" was tough because the masses were waking up.

Today the air quality was much better than yesterday, I didn't cough up a lung afterward.

qotd: mostly CNN online.  But I did listen to NPR on my commute to/from the office before I moved.  I did find an English language radio station in Busan put on by the local expat school teachers.  It's not great but it's something anyway. As soon as I get my local cell phone I'll probably put on the I Heart Radio and listen to NPR again while driving to/from the office.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Easy 4 miles around the 'hood with a friend.

QOTD: I try not to pay attention to the news.  It's outside of my "circle of control", so there's nothing I can do about it anyway.  :-)