Trailer Trash

Dark Fridaily (Read 40 times)

Chnaiur

Will do 3 and weights today.

QOTD: No. There are many things we don't understand yet, but I don't personally feel a need to fill the gap with metaphysics.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Wandering Wally

6 miles in some glorious sunshine last night.  It was really nice after so many grey, cold, wet days lately.  Resting today.  Up early for some frosty miles tomorrow morning.

QOTD - Nope.  Obviously it's due to...

Aliens

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I walked the dog this morning.  We were in the woods where I have seen a lot of fresh bear poo when I heard some noise ahead of me.  Earl got into his one leg up stance and I thought...I'm not gong in there.  When out walks a coyote all cute and fluffy about 10 yards away.  He stared at us for a bit and then spilt.

QOTD: If this makes any sense at all...I don't believe in ghost but I am afraid of ghost.  Actually at night when I hear noises I am more afraid of humans.

runtraildc:  One murder I might buy the house but three murders....who would buy it now.

Jon:  Sorry about the job but look on the bright side...more time for running.

Kelly:  I think they're pulling your leg. Good luck this weekend.

Sandy: ITALY!!!!! Take me take me...and if not take a picture of the best looking italian guy you see and a pizza and post it when you get back for the 2 cougars in this forum.

Low_o2:  Sounds cool, enjoy.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Just now heading out for my run. It's a balmy 37F and 25mph winds. At least it is melting some of the snow. Have to say I've wimped out a little and have been wearing running tights along with gloves this week. Probably be back to shorts as soon as I get back to Madison.

My perfect dog Cloe dressed for halloween today by trying to look like a porcupine. Quills all over her face. She'll never learn, I'm sure the next one she sees she'll really want to destroy and it will be deja vu.

runtrails--Sounds like the perfect home to take the young ones to on halloween.

QOTD: I believe in unexplained phenomenons....not really ghosts in the tradiitional sense.

Qotd-my thoughts exactly.

My perfect dog Cloe dressed for halloween today by trying to look like a porcupine. Quills all over her face. She'll never learn, I'm sure the next one she sees she'll really want to destroy and it will be deja vu.

Poor Cloe!  What kind of dog is she?  Hounds seem especially prone to that and never learn.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

Sandy: ITALY!!!!! Take me take me...and if not take a picture of the best looking italian guy you see and a pizza and post it when you get back for the 2 cougars in this forum.

Wish I could, you'd like the fat ass 50k I'm gonna do on the Alta Via trail near Genoa on Sunday.

I'll take photos ....., but not necessarily of good looking guys, they might take it the wrong way ("not that there's anything wrong with that..."). Plus I just assume not get the "cougars" too excited!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Dark - yes, please, turn off the lights and let me sleep.

After yesterday's trip to the Skyline Drive and back again to meet with my in-laws, and with my dad and my sister who have come to visit from Austria, I am ready to spread the news that running 100 miles is far easier than driving 650 (in about the same time frame). And that even holds true considering that my kids behaved very well all along.

And a whole day's work before the trip, and after.

Now let me go back to the couch again and get my blanky ready.

Oh, wait.

QOTD: Not in ghosts or spirits. In some kind of communication with loved ones - long gone, or still alive - yes. I have experienced that, I call it one of my "sixth senses".

Run for fun.

Chnaiur

That sounds cool though. Which skyline drive was this? We have at least two in the bay area alone, but this must be a third?

After yesterday's trip to the Skyline Drive and back again to meet with my in-laws, and with my dad and my sister who have come to visit from Austria, I am ready to spread the news that running 100 miles is far easier than driving 650 (in about the same time frame). And that even holds true considering that my kids behaved very well all along.

And a whole day's work before the trip, and after.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Wish I could, you'd like the fat ass 50k I'm gonna do on the Alta Via trail near Genoa on Sunday.

I'll take photos ....., but not necessarily of good looking guys, they might take it the wrong way ("not that there's anything wrong with that..."). Plus I just assume not get the "cougars" too excited!!!

Have fun..it's probably a good idea that you do not excite cougars.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

That sounds cool though. Which skyline drive was this? We have at least two in the bay area alone, but this must be a third?

Oh, I didn't know there were more Skyline Drives. It's the one that connects from the north end of Blue Ridge Parkway up north to Front Royal, southwest of Washington D.C., in Virginia.

I live in central PA.

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Poor Cloe!  What kind of dog is she?  Hounds seem especially prone to that and never learn.

She is all field trial Springer. Small at barely 40lbs but a beast in the field. There are a lot of porcupines in my area here and if I'm lucky I'll spot them before my dogs and call the dogs back or steer away. When you are out hunting it is just one of those things. As soon as I saw her lunge in and jump back with a yelp I knew what was up. She lunged in again and then I called her and back she came looking pretty sad. I carry needle nose pliers in all my hunting coats just for that. Cloe and Otto, the dog in my avatar have had numerous encounters. (shakes head)   And I know people are wondering but I did not shoot the porky as it was just minding it's own business until a half crazed dog came along.

Never really understood the porkys place in the nature thing. What is it's purpose anyway?

runtraildc

I'm betting there are more than two of us here.

Jon-I'm sorry to hear about the job.  I'm hoping this is a blessing in disguise.

Harrier- most dogs learn after one porky encounter.  Springers don't always seem to be the quickest learners though (especially field springers, the instinct must be too strong to control  Big grin)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Never really understood the porkys place in the nature thing. What is it's purpose anyway?

they make a very nutritious meal for a wide variety of carnivores (including the winged variety), they also play a role in disturbing soil and vegetation (like many other rodents) that leads to increased diversity within a system;  they are also pretty comical to watch at times- although I'm sure that's not an overly important "role" Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

No run today. Resting for my little night race tomorrow night. I wouldn't say I am nervous, but I didn't sleep a wink last night. I was excited about the event. It should be fun, and my girls will be there to enjoy it. I hope they get into this.

QOTD: I believe that there are things that cannot be explained by science, or at least not yet. I do believe that that there are things (ghosts or whatever) that are very real but beyond our the dimension in which we live, or they could all be armadillos and beavers just outside of my headlamp's glow. Either way, there is something out there that I can't see!!!! But seriously, I believe there are things out there that cannot be explained logically. It is, in some ways, like one's religious faith. Faith is a belief in something that is not necessarily seen in the physical world. A person who reaches conclusions solely through logic may have a difficult time with understanding a person of faith. I am rambling. Carry on...

LB2

Chnaiur

Oh, I didn't know there were more Skyline Drives. It's the one that connects from the north end of Blue Ridge Parkway up north to Front Royal, southwest of Washington D.C., in Virginia.

I live in central PA.

Thanks. I scoped it out on Google - looks really cool!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS