Trailer Trash

thursday (Read 33 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

I got in 1.5 hours at the gym this morning, doing various cross-training.

Looks like the moon is pretty full, I may get out for a moonlight run tonight, we'll see.

Enjoy the day!

QOTD: pass

MTA: 129 for April So far. Hoping to finish north of 150.

The pooch and I had a nice hard 7 mile run.  It started out flat for a mile and then there were several hills one after another each one steeper and longer than the last.  Then we turned around and went back.  We explored some short but cool side trails on the way back.  It was all on some trails that I hadn't been on for 20 years or so.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Morning all...

Planning on about 6 easy miles  later tonight. Last run before the Delaware trail marathon this Sat! I'm pretty excited for the race.

QOTD: pass

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning all    SRD for me, had a good run yesterday- things have dried out considerably and the snow has shrunk to shaded areas

qotd: to date April miles?  I'm at 105, averaging 30 miles/week- I'm going to start to increase my long runs a bit and the mileage in May show be closing in on 40-ish

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Heading out for some trail miles in the sunshine. Not too warm, just the right temperature for an enjoyable run.

Birdwell: Great morning workout! I was contemplating a night run yesterday because the moon was so bright, but storms late in the evening said no.

TT: It is always nice to get back to trails that haven't been visited in many years. Some change a lot, some don't. Sounds very enjoyable!

TnC: Enjoy the run! Good luck for the Dirty German!

QOTD: I agree.

Have a great day on the downhill side of the hump, everyone!

Edit: warden, you got me! Rest sounds very tempting, but my plan says I gotta run.

QOTD: 135, if I have added them up correctly. Should crank it up a bit!

Oh, now I remember, two weeks were set aside for tapering, so I should be on track.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

Sitting at the Edmonton airport waiting on a ride to LA, then home. I snuck out for 5 miles this morning. It was all paved and I had to route through the industrial complexes near the airport. It sucked.

I hope you all have a great day.

QOTD: 282 miles for the month.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good Morning Trail People,

Last night I did 4 miles by moonlight around the neighborhood...no need for a flashlight.

Birdwell: enjoy the moonlight

TT: reuniting with old trails sounds great

TnC: nice and easy!

MTWarden: sounds like winter is finally fading, very nice

Couch: enjoy the sun!

Lace: I feel for you with the airport sequester stuff.  Hopefully it won't affect you too much.  I used to fly at least twice a week for work...I don't miss it.

QOTD: April mileage: 121

This has been a good month for me coming off foot tendonitis in March.  It looks like if when I finish the 50k on Sunday it will be a single run mileage PR, monthly mileage PR, and I'll pass 500 miles for the year (869 miles last year)...all in one shot!  April has been good to me.

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

QOTD: 282 miles for the month.

^ one of the reasons I wanted to ask that question Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

I'm liking this nice weather we're getting. Hard to complain about it for even me. I think I'll be doing my road pace work today though it's so damn nice it almost seems criminal to run on pavement despite my plan. Also received a call this morning informing me that my favorite trails near here are now open for mtn. biking. Oh my, what to do? Well the dentist appt. first and then who knows.

Lace-- I didn't see that before but you've got Comrades listed in your calendar. I'm a little slow around here but that looks to be pretty friggin' epic.

QOTD-127

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Also received a call this morning informing me that my favorite trails near here are now open for mtn. biking. Oh my, what to do? Well the dentist appt. first and then who knows.

Camrock?  Looks like they just opened up Quarry Ridge as well.  I know what I'm doing on Sunday afternoon after I get home from being in Eau Claire!   My mountain bike skills are still laughable, but practice, practice, practice.  Someday I will make it up that hill at QR without having to get off my bike...

I got nothing today.  Heading to the chiropractor again.  Still in pain.  I'm going to become a hobby jogger soon.

QOTD: 52 miles.  Sigh.  Better than nothing, I guess.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Someday I will make it up that hill at QR without having to get off my bike...

When you do that I will bow at your feet.  I try not to watch some of those pro-riders out there as it makes me feel so, well you know.

Anyway, yes Cam-Rock. Maybe it's been open for awhile but first I heard. Called down to Rock Cut park and they said they were hoping they'd be open for the weekend. I need some beer anyway....Big grin

Went to Dane Co parks the other day with my daughter to get the season passes and saw my buddy the parks director-- I still have some clout, yay! Can't wait to use it some day.

Occasional Runner

Lace-- I didn't see that before but you've got Comrades listed in your calendar. I'm a little slow around here but that looks to be pretty friggin' epic.

It's going to be pretty amazing. We'll be in South Africa for a week, with the race in the middle. They treat the international runners very well, especially Americans. It should be a really fun event. I'm supposed to be going with Yasso, but there have been some unexpected issues develop with that man. Either way, it will be epic!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

When you do that I will bow at your feet.  I try not to watch some of those pro-riders out there as it makes me feel so, well you know.

Anyway, yes Cam-Rock. Maybe it's been open for awhile but first I heard. Called down to Rock Cut park and they said they were hoping they'd be open for the weekend. I need some beer anyway....Big grin

Went to Dane Co parks the other day with my daughter to get the season passes and saw my buddy the parks director-- I still have some clout, yay! Can't wait to use it some day.

LOL.  Do you know which hill I'm taking about?  It's not even that long.  It's just steep with a bunch of damn fucking rocks in the middle that I bump into and lose all forward motion.  Sort of the Northern most end of the park.  After that hill, you hit the sandy part with the jumps.  I can almost make it up to the top from the sandy part on occasion, but that first hill kills me every single damn time.

Running is dumb.

QOTD:  140 miles so far for April.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

Plan on 5-6 after work if life not get in the way.

QOTD Only have 95 miles so far, I've worked 4 weeks without a day off so that's part of it. (If that's my worst problem today I'm doing pretty good!)