Trailer Trash

Thawing Thursdaily (Read 37 times)

Chnaiur

Planning a 15-miler to the ocean and Golden Gate bridge in the pm.

Couch: if you read this, I hope you feel better soon, so you can get off the couch!

QOTD: I haven't raced in a while, but I'll include and 30+ mile runs in this: I'm not sure I beleive in multi-day carb loading any more. It just makes me feel bloated and fat.

I've established over many years that my difference in weight between empty and full carb depots is 3-4 lb. It just takes a large dinner and a solid breakfast to fill up, so that's what I do. I then focus on eating a lot of carbs during the race. I've experimented a lot over the last 6 months, and feel I have my needs pretty dialed in: 3-400 kcal of carbs every hour, and 20 g of protein on top of that.

Now I just need to find a longer race to see if the 30-mile SOP works for 50+ too :-)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Ran just a couple last night , got started after dark but the moon is bright enough to run without headlights , trying to decide if I want to drive back into town tonight and run with the group or just run at home .

Please let Marie know she is missed and I hope she is feeling better soon

QOTD : I do not . I have had some horrible races due to GI trouble . I'm sure careful about how much and what goes if the day before because it will want to come back out on race day .

AT-runner

Tim

2 hours in the woods this morning.  Cold and crisp at the start, and then it became on of those "stripper" runs where I peel off clothes for the rest of the way as temperatures climbed from 30 to 54 degrees.

Saw a deer carcass just off the trail and scared away some Turkey-buzzards who were feasting.  The the next 1/2 mile I was running away from the sun and all I saw was shadows of these birds flying overhead.  They were never close to me but the shadows made it seem like they were right over my head.  Felt very much like I was in a Hitchcock movie.

Get well Couch! (Thanks, Jamie for update.)

Queen - I've done that "Garmin-In-The-shoe" trick before.

QOTD:  For long races my pre-race meal is eggs and pancakes.  Easily digestible for me and has carbs and protein.  If I'm traveling, we look for a I-Hop, Denny's or Perkins restaurant sine they serve breakfast all day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

If you guys have noticed, FTYC hasn't been "around" the last couple of weeks.  She had a stomch thing a few weeks ago that turned into some other stuff or made her more susceptible to other stuff.  So send your thoughts and prayers her way.

I have noticed her absence Sad . I'm assuming this means she won't be at Stone Mill?  I was really looking forward to meeting her but obviously physical health > running.  Please send her my best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Wandering Wally

Got 7 miles in last night.  Super windy so that made for a good workout to push against the wind.

Rifle deer season opens here tomorrow so I'm going to do my best to stay out of the woods all weekend.

QOTD - No, but my diet has plenty of carbs in it anyway.  I just try to keep things mild in the days leading up to a race.  No massive bean burritos the night before or anything like that.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

QOTD:  Carb loading, who me?

Had pizza and french fries for lunch today and yesterday

Big Soft pretzel for snack

Whole wheat pancakes and oatmeal for breakfast to day.

Tomorrow I eat light, to clear the pipes pre race.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon folks, looks like I'm at the back of the pack here today.

I did 7 trail miles in yet another great day for running, perfect weather.

I noticed Couch hasn't been around, hope its not serious. Let us know

if you here anything boyjame. The Utah honey badger has been missing

too, probably out slacking off somewhere.

QOTD: I was such a dork when I started running that I carbo-loaded before

5k's, now not so much. Before my race last month I paid attention to the

carbs for about 4 days prior, mostly potatoes and pasta, no idea if it helped.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

FTYC - Feel better Couch! A little disappointed we won't get to meet but get well that's the important thing!

Mandy - 6 months beats "Permanently Injured".  I'm glad you finally got a diagnosis...knowing is half the battle and whatnot

QOTD: I bought a platter of 100 pieces of sushi that I am currently carb-loading off of.  I like the sushi because it's a good mix of protein, veggies, and a ton of carbs.  I plan on being absolutely stuffed between now and the start of the race.

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

zero day for me, kind of nice actually Smile

I'll add my get well soon to Couch as well!

qotd: I will typically eat a large past meal the night before a race, but I often eat large pasta meals so I'm not sure if I'm seeing any benefit from doing so- I do believe (as others have mentioned) that what is consumed during a longer race, trumps anything leading up to a race

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √