Trailer Trash

the Sundaily (Read 26 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Hoping to get out for a short recovery run- my run yesterday kicked my butt pretty thoroughly Smile

qotd: besides rest, anything you do special to aid recovery?  I've been taking an ice bath after long runs and that seems to help; I also find a short, easy run the next day (sometimes two days later Big grin) seems to help as well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

Good Morning!

SRD for me. I took some advice and scheduled in a little cutback week (that turned into 10 days, but whose counting).

I'll get back after it hard tomorrow.

QOTD: Eat. Lots. mostly unhealthy. Have you ever had an Almond Snickers? great recovery food.

Brian Runner

7 miles on the trails this morning with some friends to cap off a 30 mile weekend.

QOTD: Hammer Vegan Protein Powder and a Clif Bar right after a hard run if I'm behaving myself, otherwise I just eat everything in sight.... I'm also partial to soaking in the tub with Epsom salts the evening after the run, and then jumping on my indoor bike the next day (usually while listening to running podcasts or watching running videos on youtube). I find the bike is a good, low impact way to get the blood flowing in the legs.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

17  miles on one of my favorite trails.  Then a jump in the river...

qotd:  today I had leftover turkey gringo sandwich and a beer....yummy ...I do nothing special.  Even the beer I drink isn'tspecial.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

yoga today.  No running this weekend.

qotd:  I'm not running hard enough or far enough lately to have a special recovery regimen.  Just food.

moonlightrunner

Nothing yet today. Trying to gather gumption to go after a hectic and stressful day.

Qotd: I just try to double up on protein . My protein and albumin level are low anyway. After every run I eat a protein bar.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Spending an absolutely wonderful day at work. Temps are in the upper 70s and humidity is rather low. Should have called off. Legs are a little sore and tired from 13 road miles last night. Not sure why considering I've had multiple trail runs greater then that distance in the past several weeks. Must be the pounding of the road.

QOTD: Beverly International Ultimate Muscle Protein. Been using this for a long time and it does make a difference in recovery.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Ran the Eager Seeger HM today. First half was bad, second half ok. Overall about what I knew to expect. RR to follow. DD1: road miles can be hard because they lack variation of footing. I sometimes find the pounding just as exhausting as a mountain trail run. QOTD: nothing special after training runs, except very long runs. I catch up on missed calories, trying to eat more protein than usual, and maybe have a Hammer Nutrition Whey smoothie. That helps. For sore muscles, I go old school and take an extended hot shower, a hot bath, or -if I am in Austria- a sauna evening. I try to run the day after an exceptionally exhausting run or race, or at least two days after, just to get the muscles and heart working again. I found going from race effort to zero for several days does not do me any good.

Run for fun.