Trailer Trash

Posterior Tibial Tendonitis? (Read 121 times)

runfastandie

First- do we have an injury board over here?  Hate to fill up the trailer trash with trash talk of naughty tendons.

After a bit of research I'm pretty certain this is my fate from yesterdays 50K. No wonder the pain didn't subside with ibuprofen.

http://www.sportspodiatry.co.uk/ankle_PTTD.htm

Any experience with this?  It was definitely sudden onset. Like the inner thigh issue, I have never had this before.

Andie

No experience with this, but I can tell you where the Health & Nutrition board is. Best of luck with the tendinitis!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Andie - this is what I have been struggling with the last 4-5 months.  It's either posterior or anterior tibialis tendonitis.  I forget which or maybe it's both in my case.  I had originally thought it was the achilles but alas it was not.  For me anyways, it's been a long uphill battle.  Going to physical therapy and probably on my way to orthotics.  My PT did say everyone is different so some basic strengthing might do the trick.  I would suggest finding a good PT (who knows running injuries).  Good luck!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday