Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily Woolies (Read 44 times)

Sandy-2

Sandy- Is that 20 ABOVE ZERO? Oh yeah....you're from Texas.

Hey lace,

LOL !!!!!

Actually I like running in really cold weather.  Only problem was that when I left for this trip the long-range predictions had Paris in the 40s to 50s.  Not the 20s !!!  Didn't bring anything too warm.  Although I think I was still a little warmed on the inside this morning due to a little too much wine and armagnac last night.  But that's another story...

This was supposd to be "Paris in springtime" sort of weather.  Strolling around in the evening, sitting in the outdoor cafes, etc.  Not crunchy ice/snow...

Have a great time in Jamaca.

tbd.

Marley the wonder pooch and I had a great 8 mile trail run this beautiful morning.

QOTD: Too many to list.  I have had a lot of gear fixed or replaced by various vendors even though it was out of the warranty period.  The most recent was a replacement Neo Air sleeping pad from Cascade Designs, but quite a few other vendors have gone out of their way to make a problem right.   Then there is REI who has always replaced gear that I returned for whatever reason.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Holden McGruyen

Hi everyone!  I'm new here. This is a rest day so I won't be running.  I'm Holden McGruyen.

I'm Holden McGruyen. Would you like to join me?

sugnim

Howdy all.  Looking forward to 3 more miles as I get back into the swing of things after my 3 week hiatus.  It's been a cold and rainy week, and it looks like spring is getting ready here in western MT.

QOTD:  I get all of my shoes & other gear from the local running store or REI.  I've never had a problem returning or exchanging anything that didn't work out for me.

Have a great day!

Snowdenrun

Hey Trailers!

Yesterday I got out on the trails for 2 hours. As always it was wonderful! There was a small fresh layer of snow and the clouds were high so I could actually see the mountains and it was beautiful. I've started running(if you can call it that) up a trail that climbs 2400' feet in 1.6 miles. Its tough work! Not sure what's on tap for today.

QOTD: I buy a lot of clothes(work, regular and running) from sierratradingpost.com. I've never really had any problems with them. Shipping is quick and fairly cheap, which is unheard of in AK. Normally when I order I make a bulk order to get me through 6 months or so. And in that bulk order there is generally something that just doesn't work. A lot of things sold are seconds or irregulars. Honestly most things I can't find what the initial problem was though. On the other hand I had TERRIBLE experience with vivobarefoot. I spent way to long obsessing over what shoes to buy and and when I finally ordered it took a month for them to tell me the order was canceled because it was out of stock and the website still showed them in stock. I was pissed. And as always REI is awesome.  I love this QOTD though because it's turning me on to a lot of new websites. ...Hide the credit card.

AT-runner

Tim

Hi everyone!  I'm new here. This is a rest day so I won't be running.  I'm Holden McGruyen.

Welcome, Holden. Always nice to add to the group.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Welcome to the crazy train.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Welcome to the crazy train.

Listen - there is only one (or two...well maybe three) crazy people in here.  Let's see if they can guess who.  (and it's not me!)  Shocked

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Listen - there is only one (or two...well maybe three) crazy people in here.  Let's see if they can guess who.  (and it's not me!)  Shocked

according to most people that I talk to....anyone who runs more than a marathon distance through the wilderness is crazy.

Runinaround

Ran a steady 6.7 miles through Cheeseboro canyon yesterday with a co worker, its amazing how green everything is this time of year. It really is one of the best times to be running all year, between the time change, the not hot as hell weather and greenery everywhere its running bliss! That being said I stayed inside during lunch today to do stair climbing and strength training.

Cocktails: A visit to the doc might be a good thing, just to determine whether sugery might be needed, or just splinting it will do it. Don't mess with fingers, having permanent damage on one is really limiting, so don't risk it! Feeling with you, though - every time I played volleyball (which I love!), I jammed a finger. Guess I'm just a clumsy oaf - oops, don't think that of yourself, I didn't mean that!!

No offense taken! I am very competitive and smashed my hand into another player's while we both went to hit the ball.

Update: It is broken, and I've got a splint. My first thought was, "at least I can still run!!" One track mind here. Looks like my volleyball season is over though Sad

XtremeTaper

Contemplating 60-90 minutes of trail running this evening with the dog. Based on yesterday's heavy rain, I expect there to be a lot of mud regardless of where I go.

QOTD: My running related customer service is from the local running store, Chester County Running. The owner there is pretty awesome, a trail runner himself and a fast run but at the shorter distances not ultras. He has a wide variety of trail shoes, gives local running groups a discount and sometimes free stuff.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

5.5 miles on one of my favorite trails. It was the first trail in this area that I got to run, it has some very tricky technical sections, but it's not too steep and very runable. The middle mile was a fully grown, ankle-deep swamp puddle, though. Once again I ran my fastest time ever on this trail - maybe I am getting into the right shape now?

On the trails, I met Craig Flemming, the RD of the Hyner and Rothrock Trail Challenges. We chatted for a while, and he reminded me that tomorrow is the last day to register for the Hyner!! So if you're anticipating to run it,  better get the sign-up done soon.

Then I was attacked by a huge Rottweiler - doggie thought I had some goodies in my hands, so we fought over my mittens, until his owner finally showed up and called him back. Stupid of me to fight with a dog that size and caliber over a mitten - doggie was friendly enough to just gently hold onto my hand with his teeth. If he had decided to bite, my hand would be a bloody mess. Surprised

Mittens survived the ordeal without any rips or holes, and the dog owner apologized over and over again. I assured him everything was ok and went my way. I have seen the guy on the trails a few times, and never had trouble with the dog. Maybe doggie just was a bit feisty today.

On the way back, my car's warning lights for tire pressure went on, but I checked and could not find anything wrong. So the car is back at the shop again, I hope they'll fix it!

Holden - welcome!

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, Trailers.

8 mile trail run for me today, awesome weather.

QOTD: We're on page two here.....what was the question?  I use Holabird Sports, Running

Warehouse and Campmor, no major problems or success stories to report.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I nominate Kelly.

Running is dumb.