Trailer Trash

Cedro Peak 45 mile Cliff Notes (Read 39 times)

dpc3

Fought with my stomach for 41 miles and thought about dropping more often then not, good thing I am a stubborn Irishman. I kept challenging myself to make it to the next aid station until I had no choice to finish. Finished in 11 hours flat with my kids by my side so that made my day. I learned a lot over the course of the day and will make adjustments for my next race. I'll write more later.

Adam rocked the 45k!

Occasional Runner

That race is hard.

Sandy-2

Congrats dpc3!!!  I think stubbornness is a highly underrated "skill" in this crazy sport of ours.

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Woo hoo!  Nice job, Dan!  Sometimes stubbornness is the only thing that gets you to the finish line.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, Dan.  Cool to finish with the kids.

+1 to stubbornness not necessarily being a bad thing.  Short memory helps as well.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

Congratulations! Glad the whole family was there for you...I'll bet your kids will brag about you!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

Way to stick it out, Buddy.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice job grunting it out...Oh Danny boy!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Great job to tough it out to the finish line, congratulations! Stubbornness, and some tunnel vision during the race, are not necessarily bad in such a situation!

Run for fun.

SheCan

Wow, great job to you for toughing it out.  Why oh why is the stomach always a beast on race day?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Messenjah

Nice work!!!! Stomachs suck!!!

muppy

Way to tough it out,nice job! Sometimes you just need to do whatever it takes, even if that includes being stubborn!