Trailer Trash

Snowy Saturdailies (Read 26 times)

Marley and I got out early to do a 3 mile trail run in the snow.  It is likely to be the last snow of the year and once we move to Florida we are not likely to see much snow, so I figured we had to get out and enjoy it.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Slow day around here, everyone must be out for long runs. 

I know most of us are sick of winter, but I just had a beautiful run in the snowy woods.  Michaux Forest got 7" of snow yesterday and I didn't see a single person for 8 miles on the logging roads and trails.  I was constantly getting bumped in the head by falling snow from the tall pines.  Had screw shoes on but probably should have had on microspikes, but even with some slipping it was a really fun run.

TT - Is moving date all set?

Dd1 - I'm a huge fan of coasters too, so I'll take that trip with you.  DD#1 and I went to Cedar Point 8 years ago just before she graduated from HS just for the coasters.  We sat in the front any chance we could.

QOTD:  Any gardeners out there?  Today I'm getting the new tiller all set up.  Hopefully, later this week I can get DW's garden turned over.  She's got a lot of seeds going in her greenhouse.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TT - Is moving date all set?

Not exactly, it is happening in stages.  We close on the new place on the 27th and will have a rental van load of stuff with us.  I'll probably haul another load of stuff down shortly after and at some point after that a moving van will haul all the bigger stuff down.  It is all a little nebulous at this point, because we are sorting through 30+ years of accumulated stuff.  So we will be back and forth between the two places for a bit until we get the old place empty.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

Been busy around the house today working on DS's car.  Replaced the ball joints. Now it's time for a run. Heading out for 8-10 miles mostly on the dirt roads around the house.

QOTD:  The most gardening that I will willing do is planting a few tomatoes. My dad and younger brother are big gardeners, I hate it for some reason. I'd much rather be greasy from working on the cars or do any other home repairs. Anything but gardening. Interestingly, however, I loved doing field work when I was working on the farm.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

just got back from mine, 17 miles w/ about 4000' gain- what a perfect day- upper 40's- low 50's, mild breeze, overcast- no ice, no snow, no mud (well a little mud )- spring is here- saw crocus coming up, few mtn bluebirds flitting around, ravens acting crazy

I'm going to be a sore pup tomorrow, my first long run in awhile and I can already feel it

qotd: we used to garden quite a bit, but haven't done any at our new house yet

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Snow is gone here.  Watched it disappear at DS's track meet this morning.  And timely qotd, which is what I did this afternoon instead of running.  If I had to pick between gardening and running, it would be a really hard choice.   Ours consists of vegetables (community garden plot, raised beds in the drive and a shade garden/deer food.

have a good day, folks!  Spring is finally here, I think.

some call me Tim

Ugh. 32 f, wet snow and a good breeze out of the west made for an uncomfortable 10 today. LR tomorrow I guess- it's supposed to be a down week but I'd like to get three 20s in before Boston.

So sick of winter.

qotd: that's all the wife's territory. I dig, till, and take care of the deer fence- she does the rest. I don't mind most gardening, but weeding makes me crazy

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Well, not super long, but a beautiful 9.4 mile trail run Smile

QOTD: Nope, but gardening is my mom's hobby, so I have to hear about it all the time and walk through her garden with her.

Running is dumb.

Watoni

Not snowy here in Del Mar, CA! Got a break from helping my mom with things and got a 90 minute ride in around Del Mar/La Jolla. Decent hills, but I felt off. Needed to adjust my cleats but no multi-tool ... Thanks TSA!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Haven't run in 3 days...today I finish a rock wall for my husband. It's actually tilted wall no mortor.  Then I stained all the raise garden beds so I can work the dirt a little tommorrow.  Fertilized the fruit trees....which brings us to QOTD:  kinda but nit much.  We have tall pine trees that block the sun too much to really get a good garden.  Just a couple if beds fir funzy.

Mandy....your killing me!!!  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy....your killing me!!!  

All about consistency, Sue.  I'm not running big miles.  You just gotta get your little butt out the door!

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

No snow here. Some of the early bloomers in sunny places are in full color already. Did a nice 18 miler over the big mountain this morning. Still very chilly at the top in the wind. Speaking of spring the trees in certain areas were emitting something today, smelled really weird, like a cross between fertilizer, pesticide and crap. I was choking. I'm familiar with pine tree sap smell, but this was nasty. Hope it goes away soon.

qotd: no gardening for me or the DW. Although we sometimes have a bunch of potted herb plants.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I haven't had much consistency in my life the past year....

All about consistency, Sue.  I'm not running big miles.  You just gotta get your little butt out the door!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄