Trailer Trash

Mondailies (Read 30 times)

NorthernHarrier

Well vacation time is over and the real world has smacked me right across my face. Aaagghh!  My DW is still up at the shack taking the next two weeks off. Lucky woman. So in a way I'm kinda on vacation myself yet...  Oh, what to do with my time....? Well, I better at least mow the lawn since it's been awhile.  Did some weights and core this morning and it looks like I'll be home at a decent time today so probably some road biking tonight. Up at dawn for intervals tomorrow. I do need to refocus on the running intensity and quality.

QOTD--I have tried yoga and do see the value. Hot yoga though, not so much, see no reason for me to suffer. As for now I have a full schedule and could never find the time to add something like that on a regular basis.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

12 miles with 2400 vert ft.

In the swamp, I passed a group of Amish who had been picking blueberries. They were carrying huge buckets full of berries to their car (I guess someone else was driving). I felt sorry for the little girl, about eight years old, who was walking barefoot on the rocks and pebbles, but at the same time, I wished I could just do the same. My old shoes are so worn out, they start hurting my feet, and I was developing a hot spot on my big toe.

Mid-run, it started to rain - well, not just rain, but one of those torrential downpours that have been turning this summer into a mug- and mudfest. It lasted about half an hour at full strength, transforming the steep, rocky trails into ankle-high streams rushing downhill. Running, and even more climbing up the steepest inclines, turned Into something more similar to canyoneering than trail running.

On the last 3 miles, the sun came out again, and the rocks were steaming. The ridge trail had turned into a land of lakes with so many huge puddles. Frogs and salamanders everywhere, and I had to be careful not to step on them.

All in all, one of the more memorable runs.

Run for fun.

DigDug2

All in all, one of the more memorable runs.

Couch - sounds like a great run!