Trailer Trash

Suck It Up Saturdaily (Read 33 times)

Occasional Runner

Took the pup into the mountains for a quick run this morning. Ridiculously warm here tis morning. It was almost 60 degrees and it was still dark. This weather needs to make up its mind!

I've been pouting all morning because I should be in AZ lining up for the Javelina Jundred but I'll be heading off to work instead. I hate missing that race, especially because of a needless work obligation. It's always a highlight of my year. My boss hasn't heard the last of my angry outbursts yet.

QOTD: What was your October mileage? If you had a goal, did you reach it?

324 miles, which is slightly ahead of my goal but I'm a little behind for the year.

I hope you all have a great weekend! GO BURKE!!!

Daydreamer1

A cloudy, dreary day here in central PA. Kelly, you can feel free to send some of that nice weather east as fast as possible.  Have some work to do around the house then I'll head out for a run, somewhere between 5-8 miles, depends on if DS wants to go with or not. I usually have to take it easy on the little punk .

QOTD:  104.9 miles running. 66.1 miles on the bike and several good sessions on the elliptical. Not happy with the run mileage. I ran often, just not very far at a time.  And no real trails are included in that mileage .  Trying to make sure I don't re-injure the ankle, it's still weak.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's raining here so still laying in bed...will get 6 in sometime today.

QOTD:  94 miles....not too happy with that but I've had a f&ck'd last 4 months..so I'll take it.    Haven't set any running goals lately; time to create some.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just finished my shift at work, and it was fun. Now off to Pumpkinville with the kids for a hayride and some pumpkin shooting (whatever that is, but I'm sure the youngest will love it). No run planned. 6 on my favorite trail yeaterday. Met a mountain biker, who was lost, staring at his GPS and desparately trying to find the connecting trail. I showed him the log which serves as the bridge across the creek, and he was enthusiastically anticipating his ride up the hill. I warned him it might not be rideable, as this is the signature section of the Rothrock trail challenge, only run downhill (Jamie, DD1: the section down to Shingletown with the ropes), but he was sure he'd make it up. When I came back to my car, I saw the guy again, and he was all stripped of his illusions. Told me that he had downloaded the trail loop from a MTB website, where it was rated "rideable". Oh yeah. Someone probably thought this was funny. I recommended the Purple Lizard paper map instead - the good old fashioned way might give a bit more information than just a GPS and a website (elevation lines). QOTD: I have not logged any miles, or kept track of my running mentally. That was my goal, to just relax, take a break from the "training" idea, and run for fun, and I accomplished it. Good times.

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

Good afternoon. After a bitter cold end to October, it is a beautiful, although chilly start to November. No run yet. Planning one around 530 that will end in the dark. I am thinking 10 today on the bike path and 18 tomorrow on the trail at the state park. I am sad that we arillwe going off daylight savings. Now it will be dark in the woods within an hour of me getting off work and on the trail. BUT....I signed up for a 50k on January 3 and I am excited about it. That will give me much needed incentive to getout on to the cold and very dark trails. I suppose coming up with a training plan would be a good idea.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

some call me Tim

The title of the thread is appropriate for me, too. First trail 50k in the books today, and the splits will clearly show a visit to a dark place(and a bit of a return). Everything else went well, I just never beat up my legs like that before. The run is a little rollercoaster that never stops. Lessons learned about running when everything aches and the effect of companionship on the trail- it was a good day. Time for a little break, but there's more to come. I'm looking forward to living vicariously through you all.

QOTD: 190, 10 short of my goal. If they'd scheduled the race on Halloween, I'd have been fine!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Cold rain this morning. 4.8 miles running around the cross country course cheering the local college team at their conference championships. Women did great finishing 3rd after pre-season rated them no better than 6th.

QOTD: 132.8 miles, not bad considering I missed a week when sick and reduced mileage at the beginning of the month with sore knee.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

hunted elk all day, probably covered 10-12 miles and multiple thousands of gain, got into a bunch of cows and spikes, but I'm in a brow tine bull only area Sad  maybe tomorrow

qotd: no goal for October, but decent mileage (for me anyways ) 155 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I took a SRD on Saturday. I flew back to Korea from China at mid-day and it's only a 90 minute flight, so just a hop.  I just needed a SRD anyway.

Today (Sun) I went exploring up in the hills near where I'm living.  I've been up on some of the main trails, but today I tried to string a bunch of the small side trails together.  Had mixed success, but it was still a lot of fun. Maybe I should see if I can find a map of the trail system.  Lots of mixed vert and running on narrow trails, felt great.  I'm not sure how many miles I did, but I was out for 3 hours.  I think I'll call it 15 miles, one of these days I should bring my phone and do a "mapmyrun" tracking of it.

Funny, during my run I kept figuring out what time it was in Alabama and was figuring out what part of the trail LB2 was on.  I figured when I first started and was going up the big incline, he was also either going up the biggest climb at Pinhoti, or hopefully already over the top and enjoying a bit of down hill.  Then later I figured he was running in the dark and going down to that low point near the river where the temps all of a sudden drop 20 deg.  Hopefully he is still plodding along.  Go Burke !!!!!

qotd: Since I didn't have a goal this month, I totally reached it !!!!  I got in 134 mi for October.  Not too bad since that also includes a move half way around the world, and since I've been here I have traveled each weekend.  I'm starting to ramp things back up so I should hit a few more miles next month.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL