Trailer Trash

Sandy's Cajun Coyote 100 mile (Read 51 times)

Sandy-2

Nice job Sandy...you make it sound too easy!!  Cangrats on the Geezer award.

I have to admit, this was among my better 100 milers in terms of pacing, fueling, hydrating etc.  I guess the split times show that.  I never felt really too bad all day.  I went through a small bad patch between 25 to 30 miles, but it wasn\t too bad.  I'm sure there would be some folks out there that would say I should have pushed more than, but I'm really happy with the way it went.  No death march at all.

I was also taking into account that after I finished Sunday morning I had to drive the 4 hours home and then get on a plane to London (9 hr flight) that same evening.  I was pacing myself...  he, he, he.

I'll try to make future reports more epic sufferfest.

tbd.

Sandy-2

Probably because you owe me a beer from the 2012 Leadville 100. That must be it. You're dodging me.

CRAP!!!!  You finally figured it out !!!

Good seeing you this weekend, even tho it was short.  You looked great out there.  I was looking for Jo at the S/F each time, but I'm sure she was smart and got back into the warm car (or someplace), I never saw her 'cause I was so far behind you.

tbd.

Sandy-2

Nice job, Sandy and congrats on joining Betsy in what I like to call the Experienced Runner category.

Don't be in a hurry to buy Kelly that $1.50 PBR you owe him, I gave him a good beer (Old Leghumper) at a 12 hour event and din't even make his blog.

My wife called me in London a fe days later and told me I came in 8th and won the 50-59 age group.  I didn\t believe her at first, thought she was kidding me.

So you're saying I should buy something cheeper than PBR?  Is that possible?

tbd.

Sandy-2

Awesome job, Sandy, congratulations on winning your age group and making it across the finish line in sub-24!

Thanks for the report, I always like reading your reports because you make it sound easy (that's what tempted me into running ultras myself).

Thanks FTYC !!!

As I said to QoN, I'll try to rachet up the report on the suffering in the next report.  I think you also make running far seem quite easy, remember, I've tried to keep up with you on that PA mointain of yours...

tbd.

LB2

That is great, Sandy. That is running a smart race. Congratulations.

LB2

RabbitChaser

Great job pushing toward the end and finishing under 23 hours. It sounds like you ran a very strong race.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Another amazing race report, and an even more impressive race!  3 RRs and 3 AG 1st place awards!

Your splits speak volumes by themselves.. an excellent well run race.  Nobody runs them that evenly, except the very best..

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Sandy-2

LB2: Thanks.  My friend and I just kept things going smooth for the first 3 loops and then I just kinda kept things the same for the last 2.  By the way my friend finished in a little over 24 hours, he got it done.

RabbitChaser:  Thanks.  It was crazy that Matt and I were able to push pretty hard towards the end.  We were actually bombing some of the downhills, I never would have believed it.  The steam was wafting off our backs when were were done.  I then changed into dry clothes and was good to go, but I still got into the warm (and dry) car to wait on my friend.

jbyram2: Thanks.  I was kind of trying to keep the loops about the same, somehow it worked out.  How 'bout those Trailer Trashers, yeah, 3 RRs and 3 AG 1st places, I hadn't thought of that - cool !!!

tbd.

muppy

Nice job Sandy, 8th overall, 1st AG and sub 23 you make it sound so easy, congratulations!

Occasional Runner

Another amazing race report, and an even more impressive race!  3 RRs and 3 AG 1st place awards!

Kind of. They excluded me from the AG awards because I was the overall winner of the race. I'm not complaining, though.