Trailer Trash

Fridailies (Read 31 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

boyjame I also wimped out yesterday...just got too late in the day and then...whatever.  Plan is the lunch time 5 today.  I am boarding a plane early tomorrow for 11 days in Puerto Vallarta...can't wait.

QOTD:  I like my dentist.  When she asked why I left my last dentist I told her I felt like he was a car salesman.  You need this you need that, your insurance doesn't cover.  She looked at my teeth and said your teeth are fine.   I go regularly and brush...my flossing is about as consistent as my running 3 to 4 times a week.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

I am so glad it is Friday. I am ready for the weekend.

AT: sorry about your race...as for the aunt. And uncle, I am glad they ate together and no doubt happy, pain free and worry free. At least I hope that is what awaits us all.

Pssibly a run tonight after work and a long run tomorrow and Sunday. Weather sucks...still too COLD.

Qotd: I don't go often enough. I have a ton of dental work that needs to be done...none of which I can afford even WITH dental insurance.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Hop on down for the Seneca Creek Greenway trail marathon and 50k next weekend.  This is probably only an hours drive or so, right?

Nice race, I've done the 50k before, but we have plans Friday night that will make getting up early on Saturday not really possible. I see they changes the course this year.  We might consider running the course on Sunday.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TT - glad you are getting out again.  How's the head?

I still have a bit of lingering dizziness but nothing serious.  Overall I feel pretty good.

QOTD: Yeah, I like my dentist, go regularly, and take pretty good care of my teeth.  We lost our dental insurance when DW lost her job.  As a result the root canal and crown is going to cost me a small fortune.  I hope I can find a dentist in Tallahassee that I like as well as the one here in Parkville.  I guess maybe a cheaper one would be nice though Smile

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

My God it was a cold run this morning. -6F when I started, hard to believe it will be March like any day now. 

You ran this morning??  Nutty.  I was only half nutty and ran last night.  I think it was a balmy 5 degrees then.  7 miles last night, I got nothing today.  I need to go over to my parent's house and shovel if the neighbors haven't done it already.

QOTD: I hate, hate, hate the dentist, so I usually only go when I have a problem, but I take pretty good care of my teeth at home.

Running is dumb.

The Naked Bavarian race was cancelled next weekend due to trail conditions being too snowy. WTF, it's a trail race!  Pretty upset about that because it fit perfectly into my training plan.  Now running buddy and I will have to make our own 26 miler somewhere.

Sorry to hear this screwed up your plans!  I am on the other side of things because I couldn't make the original date (vacation in Utah next week) and now I'm signed up for the marathon on the new date.  Hopefully you can make the new date?

I've had a couple rough training weeks due to a very minor injury, 2 snowboarding trips, and a short sickness but things could be worse. I feel healthy now and looking to get in 30+ miles this weekend between now and Sunday.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work on a 24 hour shift so obviously no running for me today.  I had planned on getting out yesterday afternoon. Had to meet with a man to transfer the title from DD's old car. He cot held over at work so things got done late. Then I was going to go for a night run. DD needed to print somethings for her school work and the new printer wouldn't work right. Spent two hours straightening that out. Wasn't happy at all about that.

AT - Sorry to hear about your loss. Going so close together was probably a good thing for them.  I have a couple of interesting stories of people that we have found that died together. It's always tough on the family at first.

QOTD: I have very good, strong teeth. In my younger days I did not take very good care of them and ended up with two fillings. That was 30 years ago. Now I brush regularly and go to the dentist maybe once every 8-10 years.  Never have any problems.  DW on the other had has had 20-25 thousand dollars of dental work and surgery. She goes every 6 months to keep on top of things.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

10.5 miles on snow-covered (gravel) roads. Felt like running in soft sand.

Note to self: running downhill in loose snow is not any easier than uphill. 

It was very cold on the last 4 miles, partly because the wind had picked up, partly because this valley was in deep shade (whereas the other valleys were at least part sun), and mostly because this is one of the isolated valleys, where all the cold air from the surrounding mountains accumulates. Temperatures were in the lower teens there, and with the wind chill, it was likely around zero. But it was still a wonderful run with last night's 6 inches of fresh powder glistening and sparkling in the sunshine. Would have been great for skiing or snowshoeing as well.

AT: Sorry for your loss.

TT: Sounds like a nasty tooth operation. Hopefully it will keep the toothfairy at bay for many more years to come! 

Jamie: Even though it takes effort to get out, once you've made the jump, it's gorgeous out there, especially in fresh, deep, fluffy snow. Get yourself out there!

QOTD: I visit the dentist every 2to 3 years. I know, I know. Health insurance battles. And it's a different one each time. Not on purpose, but it seems after they have seen me, somehow the office goes out of business. 

But my teeth are healthy, I am very thorough with brushing and flossing. Just dreading some crowns that will need to be replaced in the next few years - perhaps I should start saving up for this now!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Evening Trailers!  strength training this evening; I've quit the 5x5 program I was on, got up to enough weight that I was starting to get pain in my knees from squats (also some lower back pain w/ deadlifts), so back to my regular routine

qotd: get my teeth cleaned twice a year (checkup as well), insurance covers it; have had a few crowns over the last 4-5 years, unfortunately insurance doesn't cover those   my teeth are really tight together (have all my wisdom teeth, maybe that's why???) so flossing has always been difficult, but now use those little brush things between my teeth which seems to work pretty well, also on advice from our dentist we purchased electric (sonic) toothbrushes- they seem like they work pretty good too

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

Just 2 miles on snowshoes today. The bitter wind was making me breathless so I cut it a bit short- should've worn the beard.

qotd: My uncle is my dentist- my dental work is free. And that's great because I inherited really terrible teeth. I do a decent job taking care of them and yet when I see him every 6 months for a cleaning, there's always some drilling needed. Last time it was only one, which is the best I've done in awhile. Tooth pain is the worst, especially when one is on its way out. I can remember taking a gram of ibuprofen and locking myself in a dark room to wait for it to kick in, just wanting to rip my own head off to make the pain stop. My root canals were performed by angels from heaven.