Trailer Trash

Some run/hike pictures Part I -- Austria (Read 31 times)

Watoni

Well, I am belatedly putting up a few pictures from some of the runs/hikes I did in Europe a few weeks back. A few were supposed to be tapers for an organized run in the Dolomites, but I injured myself early on (story to come, briefly). Some were hiking with a taped ankle that I am now rehabing more due to the tendon injury ...

Part I is some pictures of Tux in Austria. We arrived late and had some of the only rain that day. I looked for a short run, and started along the river to find a nice single track (sometimes no track) that eventually met up with a wider forest path. It was great in the mist/wet. I ran up (but stopped to take lots of pictures). The trail was steep, with lots of wet roots/rocks, so I took it easy, especially since I was not in my most technical shoes. I was happy, healthy, and "saving myself" for the Dolomites to come at this point. The next day we had sun and skied on the glacier.  Enjoy!

Follow the cow tracks

Nice!

Back on the flat now

Spa?

Next day

Ski

Happy boys

LB2

Wow. That is nice.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Now that jogs my mind for some nice memories of my native country. Seems you found a very nice trail for your run.

The glacier is quite famous for skiing (Hintertux). Your boys look like they had a blast!

Did you take advantage of the spa?

Run for fun.

Watoni

Now that jogs my mind for some nice memories of my native country. Seems you found a very nice trail for your run.

The glacier is quite famous for skiing (Hintertux). Your boys look like they had a blast!

Did you take advantage of the spa?

We did indeed take advantage of the spa! I had not skied in Hintertux in almost 20 years, and it was great to share it with the family. Also to share my love of the language, culture (including food)! The run was great, but taking pictures helped since the sharp end of the trail climbed over 700 feet in about half a mile.

Next chapter .... Dolomites, Schlern (Voels).

moonlightrunner

Beautiful pics. So awesome that your family could all share such an experience.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

SheCan

Very, very, very pretty!  Love the green followed by all that snow!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Love that rail pic...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄