Trailer Trash

So-So Sundaily (Read 35 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Oh no, what an unlucky fall. There you run hundreds of miles on trails without injury, and then a simple icy spot wrecks your wrist...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

BTW, ice is really an especially dangerous thing, I broke my elbow on it, also just in a simple fall, a few years ago.

When I broke my wrist (inline skating), it healed up quickly and nicely, according to the doc and the x-rays, but it took almost 3 years for the pain to finally go away. So if pain should linger in your wrist, be patient, everything will heal up eventually, even if it takes a long time. Good luck!

Bad end of week and beginning of this week. The flu went through all of us. Not fun. Then to start off the week I slipped on ice (walking out the door) and broke my wrist. It was grossly deformed. They set it and splinted it. Six weeks in this stupid thing. I am joining a gym so I can do something in the interim. Not in my plans. Grateful it was not a hip, leg or knee.

Qotd: not a member

Warden: wonderful pics!

Run for fun.

First of all, thanks for all the Rothrock info... I plan on making an appearance this year as well (my first time) and as soon as the weather breaks I'm planning on heading out that direction to check out the trails. If anyone wants to tag along (or most likely school my slow ass) some Sunday afternoon, I'm game. It's about a 1.5 hour drive for me, and I know a handful from my RC that will probably join as well.

12 miles for me today on the road with a few girls from my RC.  It was 100% ideal out today, but the trails have yet to pack enough for any decent running.

QOTD: I was never into group running until recently (like November). A few of my training partners and myself started a "safety in numbers" club so that we had a group to run with in the dark in the winter months.  It's turned into a game changer for me.  Having access to all sorts of different personalities and paces has opened up a lot of new trails and definitely helped my winter motivation from waning.  Never thought I'd say that, but it's been most excellent.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran close to 10 miles on a snow packed Appalachian this morning.  Had the trail all to myself.  Was glorious.  This was the longest I have run in 15 months.  I feel ok.

NH - coming to PA huh? Just had to experience the rocks for yourself? I was thinking during my run this morning that I would like to do Rothrock this year.  It's been a few years and I love the course (although sad to hear that it is changing).  Couch - I may have not understood your description of the changes - are they taking out that one climb up the big boulders - after AS#2 I think? I have some work to do before I am in Rothrock shape so we'll see.

QOTD: I am not associated with any.

Have a good night (sleep)!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

A little over 12 miles on a FLAT local trail. After a sore achilles the previous week and 4k elevation in yesterday's mountain travels, wanted to give it as much rest as possible.

QOTD: not member, dont even think I've ran with another person before! (Aside from races, obviously.)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ummm I'm not! 

I sure hope Sue is running... 

QOTD:  I like being part of a running group but right now I don't fit in.   Their slow and hit the roads too often.  They did steal my running buddy, so looking for a patrtner.  Too bad no lurkers came out that live near me.

Moonlihgtrunner:  bummmer....

AT Runner:   You're a lucky man!

MTWarden:  you're a crazy man!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bad end of week and beginning of this week. The flu went through all of us. Not fun. Then to start off the week I slipped on ice (walking out the door) and broke my wrist. It was grossly deformed. They set it and splinted it. Six weeks in this stupid thing. I am joining a gym so I can do something in the interim. Not in my plans. Grateful it was not a hip, leg or knee.

Shit!  So sorry, moonlight.  Are you still allowed to run?

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Ummm I'm not! 

Come on, woman!  I'm gonna have to take an angry selfie to help motivate you.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Jamie: The boulders to climb up after AS3 are still on the course, as are the boulders right before that section, where you climb down along the rope. I forgot about this downhill, this is probably the most challenging downhill on the course, not Kettle Trail (the first steep downhill), which I had referred to as having been removed.

The bouldery section on Midstate Trail, which I think has been removed (as far as I can tell from the map), is where you hop over the big rocks for a couple hundred feet on the flat part, before you soon head down toward AS2 (but still about a mile before AS2).

I ran close to 10 miles on a snow packed Appalachian this morning.  Had the trail all to myself.  Was glorious.  This was the longest I have run in 15 months.  I feel ok.

NH - coming to PA huh? Just had to experience the rocks for yourself? I was thinking during my run this morning that I would like to do Rothrock this year.  It's been a few years and I love the course (although sad to hear that it is changing).  Couch - I may have not understood your description of the changes - are they taking out that one climb up the big boulders - after AS#2 I think? I have some work to do before I am in Rothrock shape so we'll see.

QOTD: I am not associated with any.

Have a good night (sleep)!

Martha: I assume you are familiar with some of the Hyner View/Lock Haven area trails? Rothrock is very similar, but the uphills are a bit shorter (less elevation gain as well, say 1100 ft on the higher hills, compared to about 1600 ft at Hyner). Just as rocky and steep, though.

A scouting run sounds fun, we might meet up and just run!

Run for fun.

Martha: I assume you are familiar with some of the Hyner View/Lock Haven area trails? Rothrock is very similar, but the uphills are a bit shorter (less elevation gain as well, say 1100 ft on the higher hills, compared to about 1600 ft at Hyner). Just as rocky and steep, though.

A scouting run sounds fun, we might meet up and just run!

Cool cool... I dig that.  Should be a fun time.  I wish I had something a hair closer that was similar to train on.  I'm in Elk county... Lots of trails but nothing so dramatic.  But I love road tripping on Sundays so hopefully I can get out a few times before the race! Will keep you posted.