Trailer Trash

Grand Canyon 100M Race Report (Read 49 times)

Occasional Runner

Knowing what you know now, would you have approached that hill any differently?  Do you always go down with the same leg downhill?  Would facing front (or god forbid, backwards) have helped?

If I did it over, I would probably leave the "trail" and find a more stable section for the descent.

muppy

Thanks for the report and pictures! Sucks about the groin! I hope it is all better for you, I pulled mine last spring, got better after a few months then pissed it off again this winter.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks for the candid report; we always tend to learn our most important lessons from failure, not success- at least that's my MO anyways Big grin

I'm sure your next race will go much better

just reading about groin injuries makes me wince!- two years ago I thought it would be a good idea to add a little sprinting into my workouts, things went well for about a week (I was taking easy, warming up well, very gradually building the speed up) and then I got a little cocky, sprinted too hard and all of a sudden it was like I was shot with a shotgun- a day later I was black and blue up the inside length of my upper leg, needless to say out of commission for some time Sad

+1 on the truck- looks great

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

RabbitChaser

Sorry to hear about the groin issue early on in your race. I've been in similar circumstance (in MUCH shorter races) and have fallen victim to the mental demons for the rest of the race. It's great that you were able to recognize the mistakes and I have no doubt that you'll become a stronger runner due to the lessons you learned (re-learned) during this race. Thanks for sharing the RR and pictures.

Eric

Occasional Runner

Sorry to hear about the groin issue early on in your race. I've been in similar circumstance (in MUCH shorter races) and have fallen victim to the mental demons for the rest of the race. It's great that you were able to recognize the mistakes and I have no doubt that you'll become a stronger runner due to the lessons you learned (re-learned) during this race. Thanks for sharing the RR and pictures.

Eric

Thanks, Eric. These things need to happen every now and again so we can take the opportunity to reflect and readjust. That's how we grow.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I am glad your labrum is not torn. 

Sorry about the DNF, Kelly.

Running is dumb.