Trailer Trash

5-Second Rule on the Trail (Read 59 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My girlfriend gave Earl (the dog) a piece of cliff bar that he rejected and let fall on the ground.  I picked it up and started putting it in my pack for later; then decided we are only running 15 why sticky up my pack.

Was at the Motorcycle races and dropped candy on the stadium bench in front of me, picked it up and ate it.  The people next to gave me a look and I was like 5 second rule!

I have never cared about dirt and germs and have been super healthy all my life.

Aid stations, yea after working WS couple years...it's kind of gross.  We need to set out small amounts so less nasty hands are placed in them

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

RabbitChaser

I would pick it up, dust it off, and eat it. Granted, lately I haven't had a run long enough that I needed extra fuel. I did a 16.5 mile run and used the tailwind mix in my water bottles and never ran out of energy. Granted, it was only 16.5 miles, but that was with no breakfast and was my longest run of the year.

I normally bring along some honeystinger chews, but usually forget to take them. Smile

LB2

I will eat it without hesitation.

LB2

muppy

Dont panic, it's organic! I just shake off any dirt. I've worked in the food industry for a while, you will get nastier stuff from  fancy restaurants.