Trailer Trash

Thursdailes (Read 37 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

I had a meeting this morning north of Boston so I had to get up at 5:00 to squeeze a

run in. 5 road miles in the coldest run of year (so far) at 3°.

SillyC: How's that log coming?

QOTD: My DW does not currently run but she has in the past, we hike together

when the white stuff is gone.

jonferg67

Endless trails

We got up at five, went out hoping to see the moon/Venus thing -- cloudy to the east, another astronomy fail.  Five, maybe six miles on the prairie and bluff.  Lots of birds are returning or maybe the bushes are learning to chirp.

QOTD:  We both still do something, some days together, some days separately.  I think she was pretty good a few years ago.

...and the winner of today's understatement award goes to: John M.

AT-runner

Tim

I've heard quite a few women who run with their faster boyfriends/husbands say this as well.  I don't get it.  I have no issues if someone wants to run at their own (faster) pace and then turn around, run back to me, run with me for a while, take off again, rinse and repeat.

Mandy, it started many years ago when she said it felt like she was holding me up, so it made her feel bad (or guilty) when I ran back towards her.  Now on some days, I feel like I'm holding her up.

Good luck next week!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

The SRD streak continues. I have a 3:30am wake up call so I can catch my flight back home.  Oh joy!

Qotd: my DW is a swimmer and walker but we sometimes run/walk together.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I don't know like I said yesterday my husband is messing up my schedule.  He wrecked his truck so we decided to sell the trailer.  It sold yesterday and I had to help empty it out.  Today he called me at work and I may have to drive a few hours to help him look and maybe by a new (to us) truck.  If not hope to get 5.

QOTD: He has always run 3 miles on the treadmill to keep in shape and about 6 months ago he hit the trail and hurt his foot.  Still hurts so he says he is never running outside again.  Even the few times we ran together he wanted me to just run ahead of him, so it was like running alone.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Hello all!

Went to the gym last night for 1000 yard swim. The water felt warm. I liked it. I am sick of cold things. Today, took LadyB out for our standard 5 mile lunchtime loops. It felt stupid cold out there for the end of February. Nasty cold winds. That said, it was an ok run. I really wish I had my trails back though. I think they are still full of thick icy crunch snow that is horrible for running.

QOTD: My wife does not run, but I am happy that she has joined a gym this year and is doing some exercising. That's why you see swimming in my post as to keep her motivated I've been going with her.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rest day for me, which I don't mind with temps in the teens and wind up to 40 mph. I did a fast 4 yesterday, and it felt great. SillyC: Welcome! My own experience is that this group here really keeps my motivation up during phases of lost mojo. I did not log my runs in November and December, but at least I ran (some). QOTD: no, DH has never run a mile in his life. But he walks, or bike along with me sometimes, and I really like that.

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

I have done enough effin' vertical work in these mountains to last a lonnnggg time. But I'll head out in the morning for some more.   Mandy, you just keep posting those temps I'm missing, thank you.   Not sure when I'll head back, it's nicer here.

SillyC--welcome back!

John--I look forward to chirping bushes!

QOTD--Back when we were younger DW was an outstanding road racer. A lot of untapped potential but she never really had the fire. We used to run together some on the roads but she was never into any trails tougher than logging trails. She has some knee and hip issues and arthritis runs in her family so running gradually fell by the wayside. We still do a lot of other outdoor activities together and after 34 years of marriage we still actually like each other. 

Quick story--Back when she was running we did a somewhat local small town, smaller type 5k. I had finished and immediately turned back onto the course for a cool down and watch DW come in. Here comes the two lead women, the leader who was really struggling and suffering and my wife right on her heels just cruising comfortably. I figured the outcome was assured at that point so continued on my cool down and eventually made my way back. When I saw DW I congratulated her on her win(I assumed) and she said that she came in second to my surprise. My wife is about the nicest person around so she just said that the leader was suffering so badly that she just stayed on her heels and let her win. She told me she just didn't have the heart to pass her.  (where's that little head banging the wall)

AT-runner

Tim

My wife is about the nicest person around so she just said that the leader was suffering so badly that she just stayed on her heels and let her win. She told me she just didn't have the heart to pass her.  (where's that little head banging the wall)

Sounds too familiar.  My DW stopped to tie her shoe during the running leg of a triathlon so a woman she knew would beat her and feel motivated.  When I asked her why, she said the woman's husband was a real a-hole and not supportive of her.  I figured DW's "heart" won that day, and sounds like your DW did as well.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Happy yesterday all!

I biked for 30 mins and did pushups, but crashed on the couch and missed my run.  I guess I needed the sleep.

QOTD: My fiance doesn't run that often.  She does have a good time when I take her to the trails, but would never do it on her own.  She runs a couple of races (5k-5mi) with me each year and is a great cheerleader when she doesn't run...I'm turning her into a "crew" for this year.

After a finishing a 5k last year I went back out onto the course, thinking I would run her in.  She was pissed.  She was in her own world, fighting to get to the finish and seeing me just took her out of it...never again.

**Ask me about streaking**