Trailer Trash

Need visual distractions... (Read 42 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Chnaiur

What an awesome bucket list! I want to do them all!

Really nice to see they included a ski hike, too. Also, it was interesting to see Copper Canyon in Mexico. It didn't at all look like I imagined.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

LB2

One of the few people I dealt with yesterday who wasn't a complete moron was telling me about his trip to South America. I think that would be a wonderful place to hike/run. I wish I just had unlimited time to do these things.

Back in 1990, I got out of the Marine Corps and headed off to home and college. During our time of processing out, I was talking to another Marine who was about to get out. At times like this, it is common to discuss plans, dreams, etc. He said he was leaving out the gates of Camp Lejeune and heading for Georgia to hike the AT. At that point in my life, I had a belly full of "hiking". By the time we were both recalled for Desert Storm to spend 31 wonderful days in California at Camp Pendelton, he looked like Grizzly Adams. He cut his trip short but planned to return. I wonder if he did...

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

Very cool, I'd like to do them all then go back and do them again. Wouldn't

it be cool if your job was to traverse each of these routes and draft a description

of the experience. I'm gonna check out the New Hampshire one, that spot is only

a few hours from home.

It's missing the Camino De Santiago, but we have the inside scoop on that

particular route. Wink

Uh oh... now what?

I can't figure out how to link the text part of our almost long walk, our pilgrimage.

The gift of time and the opportunity to walk for a sort of long ways is one of the

most treasured times of my life.  A few pictures... if there is no secret access

things needed.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1412848252279451.1073741836.1402845799946363&type=1

I really really need to put text to the 400ish photos and eight weeks of walking... thanks John.

Uh oh... now what?

This just in...  http://www.dirtproof.co.uk/2013/04/trans-zion.html  and close to home (sort of).

LB2

I (all of us) could look back and say, "Boy, I wish I would've..." But I sure wish I would have taken those 30 day leave periods when I was in the Marines and went to run more in the Sierra Nevadas, up the AT, hitchhiked through Europe... I had plenty of fun, but I didn't appreciate my time in the Sierra's enough. It is hard to see the bigger picture when you are living in a snow cave and/or a tent with no shower for 30 days. But looking back, I was with people who are, to this day, precious to me, like brothers. I did appreciate the beauty while I was there, though. I do love those mountains.

LB2

LB2

Nice pictures John. That must have been a epic adventure.

LB2

Birdwell

This just in...  http://www.dirtproof.co.uk/2013/04/trans-zion.html  and close to home (sort of).

I can see my house from there!

Coming out of Echo canyon really is spectacular.