Trailer Trash

Decide for Me! (Again) - Mo Problems (Read 67 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm kind of feeling like my race schedule for the spring became a little lack-luster after I found out that 1) I have to bail out of an early April 10 miler and 2) the local 5k I was planning on running the week before Ironmaster's changed their date to the same as Ironmasters.  Here's what I'm looking at:

May 3rd through June 1st - WIDE OPEN

After June 1st I'll start to taper for Manitou's Revenge 54 miler.

Here's some options I'm considering:

Any weekend- local 5ks

May 3rd - Bear Mountain North Face races...50mi, 50k, marathon, 1/2 marathon, 10k?...this is the week after a goal 50k...I'd consider doing the 50k or shorter races

May 15th - 3 Days at the Fair...lots of options here, pretty pricey, if I don't run something I'll probably at least volunteer

May 17th - Harryman Olympic Triathlon...probably not a popular option with this group, but I'm planning on doing an early fall 1/2 Ironman and it might not be a bad idea to dip my toes in the water

May 24th - 100k fatass trail run...if I do this, I'd probably start at the 1/2 way point and go from there...I emailed the RD about this but haven't heard anything back

Any input would be appreciated...I'm open to whatever, but having a hard time picking a direction right now.  Somebody decide for me!

Editted so that now the Dates are correct and it makes sense.

**Ask me about streaking**

XtremeTaper

Seems like the Olympic Tri is a pretty good choice if you are planning a 1/2 IM. Not that I am into that sort of thing. Heck, you could probably do part of the fatass the week after as a last long run.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I'm confused...isn't Manitou's Revenge June 21st?? That will change your plans a bit.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

I'm confused...isn't Manitou's Revenge June 21st?? That will change your plans a bit.

+1 - I think you mean taper starts JUNE 6th for the June 21st race.

If that's the case, Sole Challenge 24HR is May 24-25th.  You can always run there and lap DW and I several times.

In a former life, I was a triathlete, and there are actually quite a few of us on this forum.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

It is and it does .  There's no putting one past you guys!  Haha, all the other dates were F'd up too...shouldn't have tried to do this from memory.  I editted it to make sense.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

If 3 Days at the Fair is on your horizon, what about the Dirty German on May 18th? Choice of 25K, 50K, and 50M in Pennypack Park.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

If 3 Days at the Fair is on your horizon, what about the Dirty German on May 18th? Choice of 25K, 50K, and 50M in Pennypack Park.

Do it! There's a post on the Pennsylvania trail running forum about it.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

In that case......lots of good choices.

The Sole Challenge could be a great challenge of how long can you go although completely different animal than Manitous Revenge.  The Tri sounds like a lot of fun.  Why not give that a whirl - excellent training for anything really.  And the DG is right in the mix of things too. Too many races to choose.  Sorry dude ...I guess I am really a help.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Great responses guys...I'm getting hyped up.  Is the Dirty German going to sell out?

AT - I think a first 24 hour race is too ambitious for me right now...I'm saving up ambition for Manitou.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Great responses guys...I'm getting hyped up.  Is the Dirty German going to sell out?

Their website says it sold out in 2013, so I'd expect it to sell out again.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - I think a first 24 hour race is too ambitious for me right now...I'm saving up ambition for Manitou.

There is a 6hr and 12hr option as well.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

SheCan

Jameszilla, so much for you not being a "real" runner!  

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Jameszilla, so much for you not being a "real" runner!  

Cherie, I know how this looks...

On On

Did you make any decision?

If you have any questions about 3 Days at the Fair let me know.  Fast course and great for a PR for time or distance.  Also great for a training run as you are always less than 1 mile from a change of shoes, clothes, nutrition.  Great way to try out new things for a future race.

The friendships made and family atmosphere make this a favorite race for many runners.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I think i'm going to go with xtreme's recomendation of "tri and fatass".

My GF and I had a good time volunteering last year...I'll let you know if we'll be available.  Thanks Rick.