Trailer Trash

The Satur-dally (Read 31 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Finished up the Elkhorn 23k today, it's a pretty tough course w/ some decent elevation gains and quite a bit of technical rock (a lot of coming in a steep long downhill section which tends to really slow me down- once you biff it in the rocks, you tend to be more cautious! Big grin).  They haven't posted results, but I think I finished mid-pack- which is a major victory for me.  I'm always towards the back of the pack Smile

qotd: litter, fortunately don't see much- did see a empty gel pack today (picked it up)- I'm hoping it just inadvertently fell out of someone's pocket

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran 2 miles last night.  My back hurt like mad but I stuck with it.  I think it's time to just go for it.  Start putting in some regular runs and other stuff (...you know...the cross fit stuff...).

QOTD: I remember when I complained a lot about spider webs.  Wish I could currently complain about them because it would mean I was actually getting out on the trails. It has been a while since I ran a trail.  Reminds me of a story from last year....I was running early on a Sat morning on the AT and 6 miles in, I passed a hiker (not sure if he was a thru hiker or weekend hiker).  I told him he had about 6 or so miles of spider web free hiking ahead of him and he told me I had a couple miles ahead of me of the same.  We both profusely thanked each other and went our ways.

Have a great day (...I mean night).

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

I got 21 mostly road miles in the am. The plan is to follow up with 25 to 30 for a good double long run weekend

QOTD. Dog shit. Usually only happens in the first half mile or so but really you can't pick it up or at least kick it off the trail?  I run with A dog and always mange to take care of his business.

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

The level of entitlement here is to say a bit sickening.  I run/mtn bike probably as much or more than most here and well I'm a tad sickened by your comments.  There's assholes in all walks of sport, so based on most here, let's close all trails to just a few on this forum for their benefit.

Some of you need to get real.

ultraendure.blogspot.com

moonlightrunner

I do not feel entitled to having the trail just for runners and hikers. Would I PREFER it? Yes. The fact that I dont like running on trails with mtn bikers is not because they are rude...it is the nature of the sport. When they come around a blind corner...I'm in the way and have to move...jump off the trail. MTB ERS are always polite and apologetic when they pass or when they nearly run over me. I have no complaints about their character.

The trail is much like this forum...you dont have to be either place if it does not suit you.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

I do not feel entitled to having the trail just for runners and hikers. Would I PREFER it? Yes. The fact that I dont like running on trails with mtn bikers is not because they are rude...it is the nature of the sport. When they come around a blind corner...I'm in the way and have to move...jump off the trail. MTB ERS are always polite and apologetic when they pass or when they nearly run over me. I have no complaints about their character.

The trail is much like this forum...you dont have to be either place if it does not suit you.

I think it depends to some extent on the terrain as to how suitable the trails are for sharing.  Some places lend themselves better too it than others.  Most places that I run or ride I don't find sharing the trail to be a problem, but I can see where trails limited to one use or another could make sense.  This can cut both ways though.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida