Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily Woolies (Read 44 times)

Sandy-2

Chilly morning today, 20 deg F. Ended up doing somewhere between 5 and 6 miles I guess. Had to wear almost all of the running stuff I have with me. LOL. Good thing at the last second I decided to bring a pair of running tights with me ( I also had a short sleeve and two long sleeve shirts on).  Lots of crunching though snow and ice. But it was a nice clear morning after yesterday and last night’s snow, also nice to be out in the crisp fresh air.

Nothing like being a little undertrained and already signed up for a race in a few weeks to get one out the door.

Have a good one everybody.

Cool

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

Sandy- Is that 20 ABOVE ZERO? Oh yeah....you're from Texas.

Just got off a red eye from SLC to ATL and am having coffee at the Delta Sky Lounge. We're catching a flight to Montego Bay in a few hours, so no running for me today. I'm well ahead of my miles for the month anyway, so a day off is probably a good thing.

I you all have a great day!

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Good Morning Trailers,

6 miles around the development last night.  The weather was great...snow flurries in the air with temps hovering right around 35.  4 or 5 on the schedule for tonight.

Sandy....sounds like a great run this morning.  20 is not so bad...its when you lose the zero and its 2 outside that I question whether I want to be out in that weather.

Lace....enjoy the day off from running and the vacation.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

I ran about 1/2 mile yesterday to the store and back and my foot felt fine.  It felt a little wonky when I woke up this morning but no pain...tightness?  I'm going to do a test run on it this evening (no more than 2 mi) and I'm trying hard not to get ahead of myself with planning the next few weeks.

QOTD: I posted yesterday about NB replacing my MT1010's that fell apart.  Any good success/defeat stories dealing with customer service for running gear or otherwise?

Have a good one everybody!

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning, all.  Should be able to get in 6 at lunch today.  Probably hit the horse trails along the battlefield.  Not too many horses out during the week yet.

QOTD:  Bad experience was with the Clymb.  Terrible customer service experience.  After the third call to tell them I still hadn't received my order, the customer rep actually said "oh well".  Good experience always with Zombie Runner.  My order always seems to come 1-2 days before they say it will.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I went to the gym, ran 4 miles of something tempoish, intervalish, I don't really know.  But it was 4 miles.  Then an upper body workout.

QOTD: Na....I have no stories (good or bad).  Maybe I just haven't bought enough gear yet.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Low_O2

Morning all!

An easy 4.2 miles along the paved river trail for me last night. Ran with my wife, dog and pushed DS in the stroller. First run pushing the stroller and I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to run with, although the trail was very smooth and flat. Probably get some more stroller pushing miles in the the months(years?) to come, I will test the trail roughness limits as DS gets older..... Also, the ankle felt great so I'm hoping a couple days off and the aggressive icing took care of it. Plan on 8ish on the trails tonight.

QOTD: REI, Runningwarehouse.com, and Ultraspire are a few that stand out as great customer service experiences. I find myself willing to pay a bit more these days for great customer service

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in 6.5 this morning at a faster pace than yesterday's run. The foot seems to be healed up quite nicely.

the rest of me feels like I took two weeks off from runnIng.

QOTD: Hammer nutrition sent me about $50 worth of free stuff when I placed my first order with them.

FurShirtFlyer

Heya!

Planning 5 with my wife this afternoon. Temperature has dropped here in up-state NY. Supposed to snow later today.

@Jamezilla: I haven't read your post on the 1010s yet. I bought a pair last year. I ran less than one hundred miles (w/ 50 of that being on the Virgil Crest course) on them before one of the treads on the back left foot peeled away from the foam. I've read that this is a common problem with the 1010s. TBH I've given up on that line of shoes. I like them other than that issue.

runtraildc

Morning trailers!

struggling to get back into the groove after vacation.  planning a couple of miles tonight with younger DS to test out his legs.  (I am working on the boys to get them hooked on running, DH is working on kiting-- guess which is easier?).  I'll then go to yoga to get some badly needed stretching in.

qotd-- I've had good experiences with roadrunner sports, and of course, REI.  I agree with Low-O2, its worth the extra bucks.  I find you usually end up paying it all the same at one end or the other, so why not avoid the aggravation?

ultratom80

Good Morning,

Did a 7.5 mile trail run last night with a running club. Since I have been running with the club for over a month, I am going to join today.

My shin is feeling ok. Definitley feels better on soft ground.

Planning on doing a nice 8 mile trail run this afternoon.

Wish I was going to Jamaica, Im jealous.

QOTD: Recently, the bite valve on my Nathan Endurance Vest broke. I contacted the company and explained that I loved my pack, but I needed a new valve. They are shipping me a new valve for free!

Keep running!

Hi all,

Probably will get 10-11 done tonight. I busted my finger last night playing volleyball (not sure if it's jammed, broken, or sprained), but the first thing I thought was, "thank GOD it's not my ankle/toe/foot!" It's more uncomfortable than anything else, and very swollen. Thinking about going to see the doctor today, but not sure if it's necessary.

QOTD:  ProCompression has great, speedy deliveries, usually within 2 days. Also, my local running store, Philadelphia Runner has an amazing return policy....I've returned several pairs of shoes there (after a couple weeks of use) without question. They want you to have the right shoe, no matter what. All the employees are runners too.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Furshirtflyer: Mine broke down at 119 miles (thank you RA equipment tracker).  The uppers tore and I had tread peeling issues on the forefoot also.  If you still have yours, send a picture of them to New Balance and explain what happened (mileage, etc.).  They offered to replace mine (any comparably priced shoe!), and said it would take 2-3 weeks.  Meanwhile, I bought another pair of the same shoes at a NB store that has an excellent returns/customer service policy.  My game plan is to just make the durability issues NB's issues...if they break again I'll complain again.  I don't expect to get more than 300 miles out of them, but ~100 is unacceptable.  With pair #1 customer service was a breeze...we'll see if this continues.

I'm not usually a customer service jerk, but I feel strongly that a pair of trail shoes that costs $110 should be worth the money.

I have read that they are supposed to release a V2 this spring.  Hopefully they fix the issues.

Heya!

Planning 5 with my wife this afternoon. Temperature has dropped here in up-state NY. Supposed to snow later today.

@Jamezilla: I haven't read your post on the 1010s yet. I bought a pair last year. I ran less than one hundred miles (w/ 50 of that being on the Virgil Crest course) on them before one of the treads on the back left foot peeled away from the foam. I've read that this is a common problem with the 1010s. TBH I've given up on that line of shoes. I like them other than that issue.

**Ask me about streaking**

Ultra Cowboy

Ran 3.5 miles last night.  It was the first time running in over 2 weeks.  I have to get used to the sensation of crap in my lungs and keep the coughing to a minimum.  I'll run tonight at the store fun run, then plan on trying out my NEW Sport Kilt on St. Patrick's day on a 3.17 mile run.

QOTD:

My LRS has been really good to me.  They swapped out a pair of shoes that had some (not much) sole separation without me even asking.  They just noticed it when I was in.  (Fleet Feet Santa Rosa).  They treat me pretty good.

WYBMADIITY

Save

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Late to the party today. I had my car in for an oil change today, and the original plan had been to run back home, as I usually do.

However, after oversleeping, one kid having to catch up on homework in the morning, and one kid having a sudden bout of separation anxiety, I ditched the early morning workout and just dealt with the chores.

I may be going for a slow run with my running buddy later, or just go for a swim. It's snowing right now (WTH??), so chances are not too good that my buddy will chime in and go out fighting the elements.

Sandy: Hard to bring lots of running gear for all weathers on a business trip. Glad it still worked out well for you, and you had a great run!

lace: Did you really have to rub it in? That guy from Texas is in the middle of Antarctica, missing his hot, humid hell, and you are talking about Montego Bay - that's not nice, you know. Big grin By "ahead of my miles for the month", were you talking about your running miles, or airline miles?

mecrowe: Nice evening run. Hope you'll have some great miles later.

Jamezilla: Keep it slow and easy, that will keep your foot happy! "Happy foot, happy runner", right?

AT: Horses battling in the field on a weekday - sounds interesting. Wonder what the weekend will bring along?

Jamie: You're back in the routine again, great job!

O2: Sounds like a fun workout session. The toughest I have seen in terms of stroller pushing was a guy pushing a twin stroller (with two kids in it) up "my" mountain, 3 miles, 800 ft vert gain. But that doesn't mean you'll have to beat that!

Birdewell: Good to hear your foot is cooperating, too. Is it "heal the foot month"?

Flyer: Hope you'll beat the snow today - I didn't Angry.

traildc: Yay, get those boys moving! Hope they'll choose the running, but if not, you can always insist that kiters need to have strong legs and endurance, which you can only get through - running!

tom: Running clubs are a lot of fun. Lots of meetings with pizza and beer...

Cocktails: A visit to the doc might be a good thing, just to determine whether sugery might be needed, or just splinting it will do it. Don't mess with fingers, having permanent damage on one is really limiting, so don't risk it! Feeling with you, though - every time I played volleyball (which I love!), I jammed a finger. Guess I'm just a clumsy oaf - oops, don't think that of yourself, I didn't mean that!!

QOTD: REI returned the full price of one of my boys' rashguards when, after a whole season, the shirt had disintegrated. I hadn't even expected to get anything back, I just returned the shirt to make them aware of the obvious material problem.

Nathan replaced a leaking bladder of my hydration pack for free, and even sent an extra hose and valves with it.

Run for fun.