Trailer Trash

Monday Monday (Read 30 times)

TT: I am so sorry to hear your hospital troubles. Maybe it is worth to take the longer drive? That's what I'd consider if their handling of samples would not improve. I really hope things will work out well quickly for you!

The problem is that we aren't talking just a little longer drive time.  Jacksonville or Pensacola are well over two hours away, Atlanta is probably the nearest big metropolitan hospital at well over 4 hours away.  So we are talking a 5-9 hour round trip.

My hope is that establishing a good relationship with some local docs and keeping a very close eye on hospital staff will be sufficient.

In this case being able to call an out of town doctor friend to ask questions and text pictures was helpful in my knowing what to insist on and what questions to ask the hospital staff.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

It is bitter cold out and I am on grandchild duty. Will do some ABS and arm workout.

Qotd: I seem to be blessed with pretty good muscle memory and maintain fitness evenvwith time off. Now...brain memory.. not so much! But, I am very slow and don't think about how fast I am going. I suspect I would lose speed...endurance seems to last for me.

TT: I think bit is disgraceful that they have been so inept. You should get in touch with a patient advocate so that they can try to get your situation resolved. Most hospitals have them.

Recently, at the hospital I work at my dad had a very poor experience in the ED. the er doc told him and us...based on a single MRI of the lumbar spine that he had metastic prostate cancer in the spine, that it was"everywhere" and he would likely be looking at hospice care. Today, after a bone scan and a vertebral biopsy we found conclusively he dies not have cancer. I will be taking the matter up with the ED Director...it was inappropriate. The hospital you are going to needs to be made aware of their sloppiness. Hospital born infections are a very serious matter and is tracked very closely by the government and is tied to Medicare reimbursements.

OK..sorry.... I'm kind of kissed off at hospital incompetence. Ill climb off my soap box.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TT: I think bit is disgraceful that they have been so inept. You should get in touch with a patient advocate so that they can try to get your situation resolved. Most hospitals have them.

I had the first conversation with them already and I am not done.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

The problem is that we aren't talking just a little longer drive time.  Jacksonville or Pensacola are well over two hours away, Atlanta is probably the nearest big metropolitan hospital at well over 4 hours away.  So we are talking a 5-9 hour round trip.

My hope is that establishing a good relationship with some local docs and keeping a very close eye on hospital staff will be sufficient.

In this case being able to call an out of town doctor friend to ask questions and text pictures was helpful in my knowing what to insist on and what questions to ask the hospital staff.

I hear you. For some specialty doctors, we have to go from my town to Danville, PA - 1.5 hrs. drive. During the pregnancies, I had to go there several times, as well as for getting by broken elbow fixed, and some other stuff. The drive is bad, especially because usually when you go there (or back), you are not necessarily feeling so well.

I hope your docs respond well and shape up!

Run for fun.