Trailer Trash

Where's the Mondaily? look no further (Read 33 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Not sure if I'm writing a race report - I'm kind of annoyed at my performance at the moment and not sure how to write it....

In the grand scheme of things, I had more fun writing about my DFL (there had

been a few top tens earlier that year)--probably learned more from the DFL and

first DNF than the good runs.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

Almost bedtime, or soon time to start the Tuesdaily already - checking in late today.

SRD for me, no soreness or tiredness after yesterday's tempo run (aka: Greenwood Furnace Trail Challenge HM), and looking forward to a nice run tomorrow. Even in the rain.

DD2: RR's are a good way for me to sum things up in my memory, and to draw conclusions on what went wrong and why.

QOTD: Love my pierogies as pre-race dinner. Low in fiber and fat, just right for me. Not sure I'd love them as much during a race, but perhaps during the night on a long run, or in the cold.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

DD2: RR's are a good way for me to sum things up in my memory, and to draw conclusions on what went wrong and why.

This is a good point. I started my blog for the sole purpose of having a record of the races I ran. I wanted to preserve the details that I knew would fade over time. I never really thought other people would read what I wrote and that was never what motivated me.

Even now, I go back and read some of my own race reports and am surprised by how much detail I had forgot. This is why I make a point of publishing them so soon after a race. Waiting even a day or two can distort the details. For me anyway. Probably because I'm pretty liberal with the beer intake.

Sandy-2

Did 5 after work today.  Legs felt just a little funky after the Fat Ass 40 I did Saturday.  After 3 or 4 miles this evening they felt much better.  I would write up a Fat Ass RR, but I'm trying to forget the details...

Actually, on Saturday I was having a pretty good run, felt really easy and smooth and then after about 35 miles it was like a switch went off and I was really sick.  I can normally just grunt through it but I was not feeling it at all.  I think the temps spiked, which for me isn't good.  I barfed a while later and then couldn't keep anything down after that.  Very wierd for me.  I didn't get wozzy or anything, just a very upset stomach.  Trotting those last 5 miles back to the car was not fun, guess I should have taken the shortcut back but that would have cut off about 4 miles.  Later when I got home after having to stop twice to barf again, I weighed myself and found out I was about 6 pounds lighter than the night before, so that says something.   After laying down and drinking some ice cold milk I felt a lot better.

After tonight's 5 miler I'm good to go again.

qotd: I've done a few solid foods during long races, fig newtons, granola bars, yogurt, ginger snaps, etc., but the best is thick potato soup.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NorthernHarrier

A real nice tempo/interval workout today on my measured trail. Fought thru some hip and femur discomfort and am better for it. The rest of the day is a blur--where does time fly off to? Did manage a short mountain bike session with the troubled youth and now it's late. GRRR. Must go find a beer.

QOTD--Well I don't do much real long anymore but after a lot of experimenting and over thinking in the end I just tried to keep it simple and carry a couple Snickers Marathon bars. Always tasted good to me even when nothing else seemed palatable. These days I'm not sure what is even long anymore. Joking