Trailer Trash

Podcasts anyone? (Read 28 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I bought an iPod shuffle in November, and I've taken up listening to music during some of my runs.  At our office X-mas party, they gave out iPod shuffles...which means now I have 2.  I'm thinking I would like to load the second one up with Podcasts.

Do you listen to any podcasts? What would you recommend (running or otherwise)?

**Ask me about streaking**

Messenjah

I am a junkie for podcasts. If you are looking for running related ones, I recommend "Ultrarunner Podcast.com" or "Trail Runner Nation" and "Talk Ultra" for podcasts in the 3-4 hour range.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I listen to all of those on a regular or semi-regular basis.

This American Life

Savage Love (** Not appropriate for work or children.  Headphones!**)

Trail Runner Nation

Ultrarunner Podcast

Running is dumb.

Low_O2

Another podcast junkie here. I get sick of listening to music while I work so really like to mix it up with some podcasts.

Here is my current list, I skip some episodes but most of them seem to be entertaining:

Talk Ultra

Trail runner nation

Ultrarunner

Elevation Trail

Endurance Planet

Vinnie Tortorich ( not my favorite, but has a few good episodes mixed in)

Birdwell

I like Elevation Trail as well.

Another +1 for Elevation Trail and Trail Runner Nation. I like Talk Ultra for long runs because it goes on for 3-4 hours sometimes. 

I pretty much listen to any of these podcasts on my road runs.

SillyC

So, those are great.  Sometimes, I really enjoy listening to running podcasts while running.  Other times.... It's just too much running.

Here's the non-running podcasts I have:

1. Radiolab.  This one is so interesting that I've added bonus miles onto my runs to finish the podcast.

2. Risk - a storytelling podcasts.  A lot of the stories are hilarious.  A lot are NSFW.

3. The Moth - another storytelling podcast.

4. CDC's Emerging Infectious Disease podcast.  (Okay, didn't think you' d be into that one.)

fimmx

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'd always wondered about podcasts, never quite got around to listening, and now there's this wealth of information out there waiting to be discovered! Thank you for starting this thread. A great addition to my audiobooks.