Trailer Trash

Spring-Like Sundaily (Read 23 times)

moonlightrunner

Well...it is spring-like here. 47 degrees. Heading out FINALLY today for a run. I promise. I totally ditched my runs last week. I...am a loser. I am going to try and turn the loser tide this week...starting in 15 minutes.

Qotd: I can't think of anything clever. I'll leave it to someone else.

I hope you all have a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

I sent along my miles yesterday (BTW, I could start the daily every day since I'm about 14 hours ahead of most of you - but I'd rather not.)

I said I'd pass along some photos, so here they are kids...

Starting up the hill.

Some rock hopping and climbing involved.

Helpful signpost.

More helpful signs.

Looking back down at the big city.

Some sweet trails up top.

More sweet trails along the ridges.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ended wiith6 outdoors miles yesterday ....when I got on the TM Earl started howling and barking letting me know what an awful person I was, so changed and took him for a run outside.

Getting ready now for 15 with the  group.

nice pictures Sandy....oh what a city!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Nice day at the JFK 50.  Ran a total of 20 miles out and back from several AS and the last 14 with my buddy.  He told me that he didn't want to know his time, but he was slowing down, and looked like he was in for just over 10 hours, so I made a decision to let him know where he was with 8 miles to go.  Turned out to be a good call, and I pushed him in for a 9:51 finish.  He was very thankful that I told him his time and said if he had come in at 10:02 he would have been upset.

So in pacing, it's good to have a plan, but also good to know your runner.

DW paced a friend for a bit and she came in at a nice speedy 8:41.

I still hate the C&O canal !!!

moon - get off you butt and run! 

Sandy - nice pictures.  Is the wife out there yet?

Queen - Earl's a good boy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

So far...I have 8 speedy road miles and some core work at the gym. I just got back to the house and am getting ready to into the mountains with the pup for another 8. These will be leisurely, playful miles so the dog can have some fun.

We got snow overnight, but not much and it's too warm for it to stay very long. The trails might be a little sloppy.

I hope you all have a great day!

runtraildc

Got in a short run on the trails between swim events .  I ran a section I usually steer clear of, and now remember why-- it's used as an access road by the parks, and they've covered the trail in large, loose gravel.  Worse than running on pavement.   It's supposed to be a horse trail and I can't imagine it is any good for hooves either.

My trail this morning.

Sandy- nice pics!  Can you speak or read korean?

AT- congrats to your runner (and to a job well done, pacer).

Sandy-2

QoN: Yes, it can be quite a tangle to navigate.  I usually can figure it out by taking roads near the rivers, shoreline or looking at the mountains.  Lot's of time I realize where I am when I discover "hey I ran by here before..."  But I am re-learning the road system.

AT: No she's not here yet.  I'm going back for a few weeks in late Dec/early Jan and then she is planning to return here with me. But it's not 100% because of some logistical stuff with the house and dog.

runtraildc: I think I'm on the level of a 4 year old.  I can read most of the Korean alphabet, but when I sound out the words I don't know what they mean. I can actually read some of the places on the sign post (upper left is Jang San (1.5 km) which the name of the 'mountain' and goes to the peak, the lower right is Daechen (park) (1.7 km), which is toward my apartment...  what else do I need to know?  LOL.  I'm still having fun exploring and finding new trails.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL