Trailer Trash

Monday Monday (Read 37 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy- glad to hear you get to do some running, you were a great source of inspiration when I was injured- my two months were just chump change compared your recovery- I'm very confident you'll be back to 100% before too long Smile

Thanks, Mike!  That means a lot.  Smile  We all have our trials to deal with.

AT, well, it mostly feels okay.  I can definitely tell there is a (good) difference.  The steady ache in my groin is no longer ever present.  I am having some soreness in the surgical area after adding small bits of running back into my routine, but I hope my body is just going through an adjustment period.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

No running today. Hanging out at work for 12 hours. Got in about 4 miles of hiking with the family yesterday.

QOTD: Not really. If things aren't going so well with the running then i feel like I should post and keep up with things to motivate myself. If I'm not posting it's most likely due to family/work/school stresses.

AT-runner

Tim

Here is why Kilian did so well a Hardrock.  He views the mountain differently than us mere mortals.

Kilian Jornet's Hardrock Map

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Busy morning here!  Just finished 3 very sunny, hot and humid miles at the beach.  On mostly nice, heat gathering paved bike trails.  Had an occasional breeze from the ocean, which helped things.

Also heard (and felt) what I think was a rocket launch at the nearby nasa station (Wallops).  That was interesting.

NH- good to hear from you! Visit more often, please

dirtrnr- welcome!

qotd: depends on my mood.  After thirty years of running, I know my habit had its ebbs and flows.  Posting is not always connected to my runs

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hi everyone I ran a sluggish 5.5 in 1 hour and 10 minutes...WTF!!!   I haven't had much of a appetite lately so I think I was lacking fuel.   Oh well at least me and Earl got into the woods.

QOTD:  I don't avoid it but it's kinda hard to post didn't run again especially when you have no reason other than laziness.  I still do though to keep me honest. 

Kelly:  Was wondering why you were disappearing.  Glad your back.

Northern:  Hi!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

PT this morning ... maybe a short hike or intervals on the bike

QOTD: Not so much, it is more a function of whether I am too busy at work or traveling

DigDug2

Love Kilian's map . . . "take pictures" . . . "eat KitKats".

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Love Kilian's map . . . "take pictures" . . . "eat KitKats".

I like both of these ideas.  Just call me Kilian.  I am good at taking photos and eating candy bars...

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

13 miles in warm rain - fog at 76 degrees is kind of odd. It was a very hard run, my legs were just about dead, but still hurting. I toughed it out and it was not even slow, but it felt just terrible. Oh well, time to work on my mental attitude.

Harrier, Kelly: glad you're back!

dirtrnr: welcome!

QOTD: sometimes there's a correlation, sometimes there isn't. When I'm just not running because of laziness, I don't allow myself to read or post here, to get me motivated again! 

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Are you injured?

No, I'm not injured. I've been in a mental funk that took me a long time to understand. I'll be touching on it in my Leadville 50 RR.

Sandy-2

Resting today. Flying home. Currently on a layover in Denver.

lace_up, I can relate... I'm sure you'll bounce back. Funny, when we were flying between Durango and Denver a few hours ago my DD looked out the window and said," look at those nice lakes". I said, "believe it or not I know those lakes". She was looking at Twin Lakes and Hope Pass.

AT, that is a fun elevation chart of Hardrock, I like how the actual elevations are not indicated. Where is that from?

qotd: I usually post; win, lose or draw. You guys keep me honest and motivated.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

AT, that is a fun elevation chart of Hardrock, I like how the actual elevations are not indicated. Where is that from?

It was a link from the Trail And Ultra Running FB page.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Dirtrnr

We don't need no stinkin

Looks like an unscheduled rest day for me.  I overslept this morning, and the temps are hovering at 104 now.  If it cools off I might hit the trails around the lagoon for a few miles tonight.

QOTD:  I don't think I have missed a day since I started posting here.  For those keeping track, that is a 3 day streak, if I post tomorrow.

moonlightrunner

I'll run sweeps for the day.

Harrier and Lace: nice to hear from you both.

I got back from a 9 miler just a bit ago. My legsare still fatigued from Saturday's run. My heels are both bruised. I am really tired. But I love that o got the miles in.

Qotd: I post a little more regularly when things are good.

Oh...and welcome to The Dailies!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Dirtrnr

We don't need no stinkin

I love the Delta Breeze, it dropped from 107 at 4:30 to 79 at 7:30.  Got in 5 miles of single track.