Trailer Trash

Hyner 2015 (Read 32 times)

Who is planning on doing it next year?

Daydreamer1

Planning on doing the 25k version. Hopefully things work out so that DS can run it with me.  We want to go out fast, not get caught in too much traffic, and put in a really good time.

DigDug2

Such is the power of the Pennsylvania delegation on this forum that I'm actually thinking about it (the 25, not the 50), even though it's a 4+ hour drive for me...

I think I'm going to sign up for the 50k. Unlike Daydreamer, I want to go out slow and put in a really good training run for Laurel Highlands (as long as that doesn't become impossible to get into this year.)

jonferg67

Endless trails

TnC, you know this is a trail race right? Aren't you a road runner now?

Now that I'm closer, and actually have access to hilly terrain for training, I may

TnC, you know this is a trail race right? Aren't you a road runner now?

Now that I'm closer, and actually have access to hilly terrain for training, I may

Daydreamer1

I think I'm going to sign up for the 50k. Unlike Daydreamer, I want to go out slow and put in a really good training run for Laurel Highlands (as long as that doesn't become impossible to get into this year.)

50k is the best option. I think the extra 25k loop they add in is much nicer then the main 25k loop. DS doesn't run enough to get a qualifying time for the 50k so that's why I'm doing the 25k.   In my opinion there are two ways to do the 25k. Go out easy and get caught in the conga line and just enjoy a slow jog through the woods, or go out fast and try to stay towards the front third.  Going out fast means more time to enjoy the party afterwards.

50k is the best option. I think the extra 25k loop they add in is much nicer then the main 25k loop. DS doesn't run enough to get a qualifying time for the 50k so that's why I'm doing the 25k.   In my opinion there are two ways to do the 25k. Go out easy and get caught in the conga line and just enjoy a slow jog through the woods, or go out fast and try to stay towards the front third.  Going out fast means more time to enjoy the party afterwards.

Ooo, maybe I WILL do the 25k!    Have a beer for me.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

I purposely did NOT sign up for NJM again, so I could run Hyner.  Looking like 25k for me.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16