Trailer Trash

Almost Sundailies (Read 33 times)

Occasional Runner

Thank you. It as an awesome ride put on by some of the best people and volunteers out there (the Quacks).

Basic concept is to ride Mt. Diablo, Mt. Hamilton (the hard way from the backside), Sierra Road (killer climb used in the Tour of California), on the most remote and hilly roads in the East Bay.

Kelly content: Hammer sponsors the ride

http://quackcyclists.com/dmd.htm

My ride data:

http://app.strava.com/activities/51094443

Ahhhh....I saw some info on that ride from Hammer. I just skimmed through it though. Sounds like a challenging day in the saddle.

Daydreamer1

Got out for my normal 13.1 mile training loop. First time this year on that course. The ankle held up decently but the same can't be said for the GI tract. Had so much bloating that I had to walk the 3 best miles of the course Angry. I have some things to work on to get this problem under control. I hope to have the solution soon, more on that at a later time.

QOTD: I've only run courses of 26.5 miles and less. For that length I prefer a loop. Bush whacking depends on it its a race or just me alone running for fun. In a race it it's just jumping over logs and debris on the trail then that's OK, but I hate when there is just a string of ribbons out through the woods with no discernible trail. If I'm out alone I don't mind bushwhacking because then I can take my time.

24 hours on a 400 meter   track? I almost think I'd rather get my stomach pumped for some reason.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Watoni, that bike ride is insane. But it's probably the dancing that did you in - bet you hadn't trained for that one! Enjoy a day off! QOTD: I'll add that I don't enjoy too much bushwhacking or climbing over huge boulders. A bit is ok, but for the rest, I prefer to run.

Run for fun.

Uh oh... now what?

24 hours on a 400 meter   track? I almost think I'd rather get my stomach pumped for some reason.

That, or something similar, is most people's thought, but... if it weren't for the curse of the weather--

My wife's first track run was a 12-hour.  I counted laps.  The rain increased a bit with each passing hour.  As we approached nine hours she came over and asked if I thought she could get fifty miles by the ten-hour point.  With a straight face (remember I was counting laps) I said yes.  She surfed on in for the fifty miles, slid around for a couple of insurance laps and we stopped for the day.

A few months later we reversed things.  I was running my first track run--a 12-hour and she was counting laps.  We started at about 40º with a light breeze.  By six hours in we were in sleet and wind steady at 20 mph.  I was taking a warm-up break every half hour or so.  I was at just over 56 miles when the ten-hour mark came.  I looked up at the frozen lap counter and pointed at the car.

So, both instances were not too pleasant.  In both cases before we were an hour down the road we were talking about what we should have done to cope with the weather on that running place.  We have each done several more time runs--much preferring the one-mile loop like at PacRim One Day (mid-March?), but they really are a lot of fun... just slightly different.

Brian Runner

Brian: Powerline climb - why does this sound so familiarly scary to me?

hehe. There was a bit of S.O.B in our new climb. I was down on all fours at one point.