Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesday (Read 31 times)

Sandy-2

5 very wet miles this morning.  No rain, just humid and tropical temps/conditions. I was sweating my ass off.

mt - nice photos.

AT - hope your sis is ok.

LB2 (from yesterday): I think they get that "Phuck-it" thing a lot, but it is actually is "Puket".

qotd: I read the article, I think they were mostly talking about eating "pot brownies", which might be ok.  But not for me, I'd probably want to stop and hang out for a while and forget running altogether.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

LB2 (from yesterday): I think they get that "Phuck-it" thing a lot, but it is actually is "Puket".

I am sure they do. They can say it however the phuck they want to, and I'll do the same. Smile

LB2

sugnim

Happy hump day all.  I've got 5 miles with my son planned for after work.  It's another sunshiney day here.

QOTD:  People like to say marijuana helps everything, as though they are just looking for any excuse to get high.  I'm sure crack would help runners go really fast, too, but that doesn't mean that it's beneficial to smoke crack.  I think that weed is generally a harmful substance.  I don't care if people want to smoke it for fun or "health," but I would generally prefer that marketing and products that would appeal to children be banned, and that people refrain from smoking it in public where others have to breathe it in without consent.  That's the same way I feel about all drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes.

moonlightrunner

A run late tonight if I can motivate for it. I am scoop looking forward to the time change.

Qotd: I am opposed to the use of pot for anything short of severe illness where it is the least harmful and the most helpful. Aside from that I think it is bad for lungs and bad for the brain and if it promised to make me run farther and faster I would not use it. I do, of course, realize I am probably in a minority and respect others who do feel differently.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work for a 24 hour shift. Beat my legs up pretty hard yesterday at the gym so a rest day is in order.

QOTD: Didn't read the article, or the one on pooping, but I will. especially the one on pooping .  Here's my two cents on the subject.  If smoked on  a regular basis it probably would impact lung function enough to cut performance. Since I have never used weed I have no idea if it helps with the stomach and other issues.  However, there is one place where I have to wonder if it wold hurt more then help.

Would it relax you so much that it could affect coordination and balance? My coworkers that have used Marijuana tell me that it relaxes them kind of like Valium does. I have problems with muscle spams in my back. I will take Valium for those and it works wonderful.  Occasionally I will use the Valium as a sleep aid, which I did the night before my Marathon last August.  I noticed early in the race that my ankles seemed looser then normal and I had several near rolls before finally having a major roll 16 miles in. I still wonder if the valium relaxed me to the point that my ankles were more unstable then normal.