Trailer Trash

Monday Monday (Read 27 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

And this is one of the better streets. The hill back to our neighborhood.

Holy crap.  I can't believe they haven't done any plowing yet.  There would be BLOOD if that happened here.  (I know, you lack the number of plows we have, but still...wow.)

Got in a few decent runs over the weekend in the middle of cleaning/moving/football.  9.3 miles on Saturday and then 8 trail miles on Sunday.  SRD today, like most Mondays.

QOTD: I'm not too picky about my coffee. Hot, caffeinated, and hopefully not too weak and I'm good to go.  Or cold, over ice, and hopefully not too weak in the summer.  I enjoy a frou-frou Starbucks drink from time to time as well.  I love coffee.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

It's not as bad as I made it look.  The main roads and highways are pretty clear and it's the neighborhoods (pictured) are just starting to get plowed.  Maybe our little street will get plowed tonight or tomorrow.  As you mentioned, it's about the available resources and  they don't invest as much as a northern/midwestern city in snow removal infrastructure, which is a good use of our tax $ since they only happen every 5 years or so.

Holy crap.  I can't believe they haven't done any plowing yet.  There would be BLOOD if that happened here.  (I know, you lack the number of plows we have, but still...wow.)

AT-runner

Tim

DC and the suburban area is nothing but an accumulation of streets. The volume of miles they have to clear is staggering.  Some roads won't get plowed until later this week.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

About 10 miles here on the neighborhood roads.. 7 at lunch solo, and 3 later with the Lady. No trail running for awhile I suspect.. 25" of snow here., and I don't feel like post holing.

QOTD: Dark roasts, served black.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First run in 10 days, 3.1 miles. Roads and walks on campus weren't too bad at all, a few icy patches and some slush, but I didn't slip or slide even  once. Felt good to finally run again.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

Checking in, late as usual. Nice pictures people!  I have been multi-tasking the last few days with running, skiing, and snowshoeing. That 10k snowshoe race I did Saturday has left me a gimp with a messed up right achilles and heel. Hopefully just something minor and be good as new in several days.  Freezing drizzle right now and changing over to snow with a few inches expected. I'll point 'er home first thing in the morning.

QOTD--Coffee is a good thing. Flavors are ok but a high quality dark roast, hot, strong, with lots of caffeine works very well for me. I even take a small coffee press on my canoe and backpacking trips with some special beans ground. Simple pleasures are worth indulging. Quality of life issues ya know!  

Sandy-2

Hello.  Hello.  Anyone out there?

qotd:  Starbucks Decaf Espresso Roast.  Black, no sugar.  (My kids brought 10 lbs of it with them when they came here last month, they don't have decaf here.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL