Trailer Trash

Labordailies (Read 33 times)

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile trail run this morning despite it being kind of sticky.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

morning folks!  'Kind of sticky' is an understatement, TT!   I think we ended up with a couple of inches of rain with the storms that passed thru.   Yesterday ended up a rest day, and I'm not sure what today will bring.  It definitely will involve spending the day out on the Bay on a friend's boat.  Running, probably not likely.  I"ll get in a core workout tonight.  I probably need that more than a run anyways.

qotd:  I've got nothing.

Have a great Labor Day!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Trying to get a hold of my hair stylist (and former neighbor) to get my youngest DS's hair fixed before the next school day. Last night, he cut off his front hair down to 1/8 inch length, so it looks a bit out of place together with his long hair (maybe 3-4 inches long) on the rest of his head.

This kid-I feel I am aging ten times as fast as normal these days! 

Maybe a run will rejuvenate me, planning on a few miles around noon.

My knee held up nicely on yesterday's hilly 6, but I still try to keep my runs short now and focus on less steep routes.

Perhaps a BBQ later.

TT: sticky around here, too. Last evening, it was foggy at 70 degrees. Not uncomfortable, but noticeable.

QOTD: How many pairs of running shoes are in your  rotation currently? Planning on any new shoe or gear purchases soon?

I have revived an older pair of shoes again, so now I have 1 pair of road shoes and 3 pairs of trail shoes in regular use. Add to that 2 pairs of trail shoes which I use only occasionally.

No gear purchases planned, but I'm eyeing at a new hydration pack with more storage.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

I. am. tired. Just got home from a busy 24 hour shift. I think a nice 2-3 hour nap is in order. Just enough to make me feel good, but not so much that I don't sleep tonight.  Planning on a few miles this afternoon just not sure how much yet.

QOTD: Three pairs of Hokas, a pair of NB 1210s and a pair of NB 870s that I use for gym, treadmill, general workout.  The 870s are old and need replaced. I'm going to look into the Fresh Foam shoe from NB. Just don't know much about it yet.

Also thinking about another hydration pack. Something that has a bladder and also bottle holders in the front.  That way I can stick my bottle of Perpetuem in the front for easy access. Currently I just carry it in a handheld.

NorthernHarrier

Lazy day for me, worked my tail off yesterday to get a few things done so now today is a labor free day. I'm feeling all my labor of the last couple days right now. Don't get old people.   I will finish getting myself set for leaving for Wyoming on Fri., do some weights, and do a longer trail run this evening.  We are losing almost 3 minutes of day per day now. Sad.

QOTD--More than I need, not as many as I want.    I do have way more in the rotation than my current mileage warrants. 6 active pairs, another pair sitting there waiting to become screw shoes, and 2 more pairs sitting in boxes. Nothing new planned.

Occasional Runner

Planning 18 today. Just finished 6 on the road to the gym and am heading out for 12 more miles on the trail with the wife and pup. We're heading to moose country.

Finished August with 352 miles!

QOTD: I have 4 pairs that I'm rotating through at the moment. Three Altra and one NB. I don't have any purchases planned. Osprey just sent me some new gear to play with. That'll keep me occupied for a while.

Sandy-2

I wish it was just "kind of sticky".  This morning was one of those days were you can't see out the windows because of the condensation (AC makes the windows cool and it's so humid out that water condenses on the windows.)  Once outside it's kind of a low laying fog, but just because of the high humidity.

Did 8 this morning.  Today I felt much better than the last two days, no idea why, but I wasn't pushing as much as the last two days.

Have a great Labor Day everyone.

qotd: really just 2 pair, but I can pull another pair out of retirement if I have to.  The pair I ran in this morning were still wet from Saturday's run, but they were drier than the ones I wore yesterday. Did I mention how humid it's been around here this weekend?

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all.  Our three day trip into the Crazies got cut short by a night and a day- Mother Nature wasn't going to cooperate.  We spent 14 hours in our tent afternoon/evening one and night one.  We awoke in the morning to see that it wasn't likely to improve, so bagged it.  We'll be going back as the country was breathtaking and the cutthroats will sure to be biting Big grin

qotd: two pairs of PI N2's (soon to be three, pair one will be studded when the snow flies), just received a Osprey Rev 12 for longer runs in the fall/winter.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

George:  That must have been frustrating as hell, driving around trying to find the race when you should have been running!  I was looking for you, and for At-runner under the red easy up, but the folks in the only red easy up I could find gave me "the look" when I asked them if they were Trailer Trash...they hadn't heard of RunningAhead it seems.

If you started 27 minutes late, you almost caught me, since I was walking.  Having a hernia sucks.

EDIT:  just read the results and I finished first!!  The next person to finish did two laps in 1:37, but I finished in 1:30... Ha!

QOTD:  one and a half pair, since my left trail shoe got misplaced during a mad flurry of house cleaning for an appraisal.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

DigDug2

SRD for me.  Good running weekend, 32 miles between the two days, great running weather on Saturday.  61 mi for the week, 228 mi for the month, both highs for me.

QOTD:  Probably 5 that I use in the training rotation, a couple of other pairs for races.  DW has been pressuring to get rid of a few pair...

moonlightrunner

Spending the days with two very cute grand babies. Then....there is that sink full of dirty dishes that need attending.

I ended up not running yesterday. Planning on heading out in the evening. I was very tired yesterday but feel better today. I feel like I am beginning to adjust a bit to my new life setting...but it will be a while before I figure out what normal is.

Couch: funny about the hair...both my kids did the same thing when they were young.

Qodt: right now I have my newer five fingers... and that is all I run in. I just bought a pair of Altar Superiors... which I do not like. I may wear the on snow when feeling the trail is not an issue. I may bring my old five fingers into rotation until winter sets in.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

I took a rest day and spent most of my day working on my to do list. I got 260 miles in this month

QOTD:  four pairs in use right now, two have ove 500 miles on them and due to replace. Just ordered a new pair of hoka's which were on sale. There a god awful color but at 4 am who's gonna see them