Trailer Trash

What are your favorite gels? (Read 68 times)

ceezy

I use the Clif Shot Double Espresso

Tastes nice and I like the caffeine.

I hear the GU Peanut Butter is great, like to try it.

Sorry for the dull thread but I need to order some new Gels and want some inspiration.

Think I might go for the Double Espresso again but also get another flavor (like a Raspberry or something different and without caffeine)...then again I really like Peanut Butter so that GU sounds good.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I ordered a Hammer gel variety pack that I am working my way through.  I recommend ordering the "1 of each flavor" pack if you can fit it in your budget.  I believe you can do that for Gu also.  Its nice because I like the variety and I know which ones I would get again.

**Ask me about streaking**

Birdwell

I stick with Clif shots raspberry and chocolate.

I will usually mix the two, along with some water to thin it out, in a 10-12 oz bottle.

I tried to eat a Clif shot chocolate this morning, and I could hardly get it down it was so thick.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I switched to Vi Fuel (VFuel) vanilla for longer runs and GU Jet Blackberry for shorter runs  , my husband really likes the GU Peanut Butter.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I switched to Vi Fuel (VFuel) vanilla for longer runs and GU Jet Blackberry for shorter runs  , my husband really likes the GU Peanut Butter.

These but I have to be careful because they are 2x the caffeine.  So I'll mix in some strawberry banana GU that has no caffeine.

You people have issues 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I like all CarbBoom flavors, and the Hammer gels, although I find the Hammer espresso flavor a bit too spicy for my taste. Great for caffeine, though.

My absolute favorite, which I can swallow even when I'm nauseated, is CarbBoom Apple Cinnamon.

Run for fun.

I've been really into Hammer Gels lately. Planning to order the big squeeze bottle to fill a flask with. Montana Huckleberry is delicious. Espresso is too thick but I enjoyed the caffeine boost.

My fall back is tri-berry GU. I can't stomach any of the chocolate/vanilla/minty flavors.

BenTN

I buy Hammer gel in the bulk bottles and use a flask on long training runs. All the ultras around here pass out hammer gel at the aid stations.

I also keep some Crank e-gels on hand and carry a couple in races. Just in case my taste buds need a change from the Hammer gel late in the day. Although, I have not had that problem with hammer like I used to with GU.

BenTN

I've been really into Hammer Gels lately. Planning to order the big squeeze bottle to fill a flask with. Montana Huckleberry is delicious. Espresso is too thick but I enjoyed the caffeine boost.

My fall back is tri-berry GU. I can't stomach any of the chocolate/vanilla/minty flavors.

When you get your flask, fill it with 4 or 5 oz of gel then top it off with water and shake. It will flow better and you'll be able to empty the flask.

Occasional Runner

When you get your flask, fill it with 4 or 5 oz of gel then top it off with water and shake. It will flow better and you'll be able to empty the flask.

I do the same thing. It works really well.

Here are my favs:

ClifShot: vanilla

Hammer: tropical, banana

GU: peanut butter, peppermint (limited availability)

GU Roctane: island nectar, pineapple, cherry-lime

GU Chocolate Outrage

GU Roctane Cherry-Lime

...All I have ever tried is GU.  I need to try some new stuff. :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Watoni

Enervit Sport Gel (Cola) and Enervitene (orange).

Enervit GT tablets are also great for cramps.

Otherwise I use Hammer stuff at events when I run out ...

Sandy-2

I guess these... (getting ready for a 3 loop 50 miler.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Can I add a sidebar question?  How many gels do you guys take on a 50-mile Course, or perhaps on a 100-mile run?

(I ask because at 26.2 or less, I take in almost nothing and go off of stored energy only, but now that I am doing longer distances and nutrition intake is absolutely required, I am curious what the 'average' intake might be for the 50 to 100 mile distance runs.)

Amended:  Never mind my question.  I have found the electrolyte thread and other discussions that cover this question of mine.  :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞