Trailer Trash

Obstacle Course Races (Read 79 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I wish there was a sarchasm button on here or an "I'm really not so serious" button.  Aren't forums for expressing opinions, quips, sarchasm, stories, jokes, some seriousness, encouragement, etc.?

John - 5mph on a TM? Maybe you should enter a racewalking event.  Now that is a sport!! Seriously those guys would NEVER say they are running - too much of an insult but their racewalking is faster than my running so who am I to judge?

Carry on...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

"Sarchasm:"  the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

Now that I know urban dictionary has a reference for it I will definitely add this to my lexicon.

You people have issues 

valerienv

Thread killer ..

And if you think triathletes are elitist then you've never been a part of the competitive horse world where they bring elitist and batshit crazy to a new level.

On my horse forum at this very moment there is ( always ) a topic about how much better my discipline is better than yours , which will evolve into a 100 page bitch fight . It made me laugh to see one here and this is really tame in comparison .

under a rock

On my horse forum at this very moment there is ( always ) a topic about how much better my discipline is better than yours , which will evolve into a 100 page bitch fight . It made me laugh to see one here and this is really tame in comparison .

Yes! Would you happen to be talking about COTH? I do not miss the horse forums! They take snark and meanness to a new level.  People on RA are very level headed even when they disagree and the level of pure meanness is pretty low compared to the crazies of the horse world. It's a pretty supportive place in general and the only forums I have anything to do with these days. Yep, we disagree from time to time but it's to be expected.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

COTH is a scary place , I rarely venture there because of that . I'm sure there is some information of value there but the attitude is so negative and nasty it isn't worth wading through . The horse forum I visit is breed specific and that makes it worse in some ways because we all agree our breed is best but we can't agree on what's best to do with them .

For the most part I think runner forums are happier places because runners keep their brain chemistry balanced by running, horse people don't  . I have not looked at any triathlon forums but might just to compare them to COTH but I doubt there is a meaner group of people online .

DigDug2

I would like to add that anybody running a 12 minute pace ...is really walking.

But we're not elitist...

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

But we're not elitist...

Oh, don't mind Kelly.  He's just stirring up trouble on purpose.  I guarantee you he's ran many 12 minute miles.  Evil

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Jame if their was a sarchasm face I would have to be clicking on it all the time.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ultra Cowboy

I've run two obstacle races in my life.  It is a social thing and a change of pace more than anything...

I try not to take myself too seriously whether trail, road, 5 or 50k.  In fact any distance under 5k I won't run, unless I can pace someone who might not do it otherwise.  Kids, Grannies, non running wives and girlfriends, I don't discriminate.  ( My 3k pr is longer than my 5k PR)

Even those of us who are mid to back of the pack runners have folks who look up to us and what we do and it is our job to inspire them.

Once we realize that we are an inspiration or role model to other people, taking place in theme events gives beginning runners some reassurance that they do deserve to move into "real events".

Right now my FB is blowing up with friends doing a Color Run.  One is a 30 year old girl who never had done a 5k ever before.  You can bet I'm gonna brag her up for her own benefit.

As an aside, I've never been to one of these theme events where people asked what your time was.

WYBMADIITY

Save

AT-runner

Tim

Wow, go away for a few days and miss all the action.

I did 1 obstacle run that was sponsored by Ft. McQuire Air Force base.  It was fun, but this was a small event with no waiting time at man made and natural obstacles.  I did adventure racing for years, so I wanted to try this out since many AR's have obstacles.

If someone wants to do something that makes them happy and doesn't negatively impact me, then I'm behind them 100%.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Exactly...

Uh oh... now what?

We went to the Museum of Natural History in Victoria, British Columbia today.  Escalators,

stairs, small to medium sized kidlets... it was just horrible.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

. 2) I'm not sure what you mean by "lifestyle" but I can say that I have never met anybody that would fit that description.

You have most definitely met someone who changed there entire lifestyle because he wanted to run a "silly" obstacle course race.....of course that same guy is preparing to run his first ultra event in 2 1/2 weeks too.  Wink

Occasional Runner

You have most definitely met someone who changed there entire lifestyle because he wanted to run a "silly" obstacle course race.....of course that same guy is preparing to run his first ultra event in 2 1/2 weeks too.  Wink

Sorry Mike! I thought you became a trail runner. My bad...