Trailer Trash

Mondailies (Read 36 times)

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I did 13 yesterday , been sick for awhile and it was too much . The roads ( jeep trails ) were in great condition and although windy it was pretty nice out. This is a trail out my front gate

Part of Pyramid Lake

Mustangs

Part of the Carson Range showing how little snow we have

NorthernHarrier

Spent the weekend up north at my shack. Good weekend--lots of snow, a lot of x-country skiing, some snowshoeing, running, shooting guns, and just a little beer consumption. Almost perfect.   drove up Friday night during a freezing rain that turned to snow as I went north. Long harrowing drive.

Went running in the wee hours this morning. Not so perfect at all, lots of hidden ice that was camoflaged. After my fourth almost wipeout I bagged it before I smacked the ground. I'll do another run this evening around the hood when I get home. I'm gonna restart my swimming program in the morning at the local high school. More cross training, yay!

QOTD--Nothing that stands out. However I finally drank a special beer from Mandy's private collection that she was nice enough to let me try. Mmmm, and worth the wait.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

However I finally drank a special beer from Mandy's private collection that she was nice enough to let me try. Mmmm, and worth the wait.

Glad you enjoyed it!  I split a bottle with my dad over Christmas and now I have one sad bottle left.

Welcome, Elf! We're happy to have you here! 

Running is dumb.

sugnim

All of our snow melted & I went for a rather muddy walk on my lunch break this afternoon.  My work pants are pretty splattered, and I have to meet with a client this afternoon.  Nice, huh?  No running for me today.

QOTD:  My sister is vising from out of state, and she has been spoiling us with her good cooking.  We've had eggplant Parmesan, spicy roasted veggie frittatas, chocolate chip cookies, pot pies with turkey sausage, apricot-ginger glazed chicken with rainbow quinoa, and tonight we are having Italian meatballs.  Before she leaves, I need to talk her into making enchiladas and banana milkshakes (and then I need to go for a run to burn that off!)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening, still hacking stuff up, but not as much or as often- might be on the mend

qotd: my DW grilled some salmon last night that was wonderful, she used a handful of spices to rub it down with, including a fair amount of brown sugar- the grill was hot enough that it was almost blackened on the outside, melt in your mouth under the blackened portion

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hey...it's rest day for me.  Ran 17.17 Sunday with the new group.  Nice folks but we headed down an awesome single track that for me is usually and out and back run..headed up and hit the dirt road (maintained dirt road).  I would have rather headed back on the single track.  Anyways....

QOTD:  The fresh warm apple pie I just ate was good, almost as good as the red wine I am drinking.

elfrunner:  Welcome and from I just read running ever day even if only 1.5 miles will help making running more of a habit then planning to run 4 days a week.

Kelly:  Is that your iphone you take pictures with?  Your pictures are so good.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Kelly:  Is that your iphone you take pictures with?  Your pictures are so good.

Yeah, almost all my pictures are taken with my iPhone.

Ultra Cowboy

Getting back on the Wagon tonight for a recovery run after my first trail run in a long time.

I've "resolved" to take better care of my calves through rolling and stretching...

As a housewarming/anniversary gift my uncle sent us some bison steaks, which were a nice diversion form the steady diet of Venison, antelope, and elk we have in the freezer.

For our anniversary dinner we went to the local farm to table restaurant.  I had Ahi tuna, while my wife had Scallops. Very tasty.

WYBMADIITY

Save