Trailer Trash

Satudaily (Read 35 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

I have a few miles on tap today. It will be my first running effort since my foot pain flare up on Monday. I am going to get some athletic tape and try to tape it if it still gives me problems. I think it is either metarsalgia or maybe a stress fracture. But...if I have to run with a freakin' cast on I am going to run the marathon next Saturday.

qotd: Are there running  items on your Christmas lists this year? My list includes a merino wool buff for tunning...as well as protein bars and honey stinger bites for fueling. There are big items too....a new hydration backpack and micro spikes.

Have a great day with lots of happy miles!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

I will be riding the bike with DD and SIL later so I will probably not run today.  Marley probably won't mind since she had DD's dog to play with.

QOTD: Nothing other than socks and micro spikes.  I am pretty well stocked up on everything else.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

Dragging my feet this morning, I guess because it's Satuday. Wink When I finally head out the plan will be 13-15 on the roads. I know, I know, but this run does serve a purpose in my so-called plan. Back on some technical stuff tomorrow. Maybe watch the Badger game this afternoon, at least we still have one good team around here.

QOTD--No running items needed but I should remind my better half about John's book. Come March when the REI rebates come out I'll take a look at a new headlamp maybe.

sugnim

Good morning, trailers.  I did just 2 miles this morning along the river, and I found my first geocache!  That was way more fun that finding a box of trinkets should be, but I had a good time.

QOTD:  Just a nice Christmas run.

Watoni

Hoping for just a fun run .... no GPS, no Strava stats, just chill

QOTD: I got a gift certificate for runningwarehouse yesterday, so I will at least bag some swag there .... Wink

AT-runner

Tim

Lightly snow covered trails this morning for our run.  Heard many gunshots rattling through the hills.  Must be target practice for Monday's opening day of deer season.

QOTD:  Drymax socks are always on my list (I can't find my red winter pair).  Need a new headlamp as well.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Hi all!  7 miles in rock creek park.  It started out rough as I was feeling the effects of several days of eating and drinking, but I eventually warmed up and had a great run.  Took my time and explored a couple of new trail sections.  First half was running through beds of leaves, second half was running across a thin film of mud over frozen ground.   Came across a coyote's dinner from last night-- the remains of a raccoon in the middle of the trail.

qotd:  no, I don't 'need' anything, but I could easily come up with a list..  If someone gave me a new icebreaker merino 1/4 zip, I'd be pretty happy.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It started out rough as I was feeling the effects of several days of eating and drinking, but I eventually warmed up and had a great run.  

I'm feeling the same as RunTrailsDC...so maybe I'll do what she did and just go out for some lazy miles.  Long run is tomorrow.

QOTD:  I don't expect to get anything for Christmas....

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

I did a trail 5k this morning.  It went up and down a few times, then it happened again (2 loops).  It took me 22:17, I finished 20th, and missed winning my age group by 16 days (when I turn 30).  The race required about an hour of travel each way, which breaks my rule of travel time<race time.  The reason I did this race is because is was a benefit run for a couple* who lost their daughter to an off campus housing fire at her college (Marris).  The husband is a pipefitter who I work with pretty frequently (nicest guy you could ever meet).  Also my work helped to sponsor the event (I was the only one who attended).

*The couple doesn't keep the money, they use it for helping educate college students on fire safety, and even successfully lobbied for a government req'd fire safety information package to be handed out to students.

QOTD: I have micro spikes on the list.

**Ask me about streaking**

Chnaiur

Going out for 15 on the trails now. Unfortunately the fog rolled in early today, but it will be nice anyway.

QOTD: I do not want what I haven't got. :-)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k