Trailer Trash

any NE'ers interested in a possible Adirondacks Great Range Traverse next Sept-ish? (Read 36 times)

adkkev

Sounds interesting. They say carry water for whole trip, but pictures show some streams.

Unless we get some serious rain over the next few weeks, don't count on finding much water up there.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I went on that adk site asking for a little more detailed beta, including water sources. I'm hoping a 2-2.5 liter bladder would be sufficient between sources, would hate to carry much more water than that (NH will be loaded down enough with Spotted Cow  Wink

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I received an Adk map and guide book, looks like a dandy 

I'm also interested in doing the Burroughs Range Loop in the Catskills while I'm out there- about 14 miles with a good bit of elevation gain, folks rage about how nice the views are

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Bumping this thread to give it some renewed life. Warden, I'm kind of keeping my calendar clear for this happening. I'd like a few days out there to run something additional like was mentioned earlier in the thread. Only thing I'm planning is an out of state event on Oct. 1 so for me the period right around Sep 10th to Sep 18th would be ideal as I would like a couple weeks to recover.  Just throwing this out there, anybody still interested?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

those are pretty darn close to what I had in mind; I've got the days off from work already (I'll check tomorrow and see the exact dates)

I might have a cabin to stay in for the ADK's; I think it's within 30-45 minutes of the trailhead

it would be neat to do something in the Catskills as well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

bagge_pants

Sounds fun, If I'm still in Burlington I'd like to meet up and do that. 26 mile over that terrain in a day is pretty ambitious. It would take about 12-14 hours hiking. If you tried "running" it maybe 8-10 hours.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'm guessing 95%+ hiking 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

This would be cool and I may be able to join (I'm a 4 hour drive from Lake Placid) - please keep me in the loop as we get closer to September.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

would be great to get several TT folks together!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Warden, I sent you a PM. I'm intrigued.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!