Trailer Trash

Wacky Wednesday (Read 36 times)

Daydreamer1

We have an LPN program here at the college where I work. I have heard rumors of things like this happening in different areas. However, you are the first person I have heard about with first-hand knowledge. I wonder why they would do that? And I wonder if it is a widespread trend that will soon occur?

Here in central Pa this seems like the trend. There used to be quite a few LPNs in the hospitals but now there are very few. While there are a few good reasons for this most of the reasons are not good. The reasons behind it are numerous and mostly political, and by that I don't mean governmental politics, but rather special interest groups like nursing associations that represent RNs. Too in-depth to discuss here. The other thing that we are seeing is that even being a RN is no longer good enough, now they want everyone to be a BSN. Now there are many older RNs who have to go back to school just to get a degree. Again a lot could be said about this but the bottom line is that it's another thing that drives health care costs higher and higher. There is so, so much of this going on in healthcare that it gets me really pissed off. And most of it is not in response to something the government is requiring but rather is self inflicted by the hospitals.

DigDug2

USRD - busy week at work, plus generally moving down in mileage for a few weeks.

Sugnim:  I missed the announcement as well - congratulations and enjoy your first few weeks together!

QOTD:  I could count on one hand the number of times I've been too sick to work in the last 15 years, and if I'm that sick I'm definitely not running.

Happy Wednesday! Looks like I MAY be heading back to work tomorrow if congress gets their act together soon. Gonna miss my mid-day workouts, but not gonna miss being broke.

Ran 5 miles and went to yoga earlier today. Probably will head out later for another 5 as this is my first of 2 peak weeks for Stone Mill.

QOTD: If I'm too sick to go to work, I am most likely not running.