Trailer Trash

It's Humpdaily (Read 35 times)

Sandy-2

AT - positive thoughts for a successful surgery and quick recovery for your sister heading your way.   Don't forget to turn over the pillow to the cool side.

I think I'm taking a SRD today due to lots of stuff to do after work today.  I have to do some shopping for " supplies" to bring back to Korea.

qotd: I do, but not often enough.  My company pays for yearly physicals (at least at my mgmt level) so I really should do it every year, but fortunately the results come back "normal" so it is tempting to skip it.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Gator eye

Well below zero this am and jogged on the treadmill for a couple.

QOTD I use to go once a year but after the gutting Obamacare did to my insurance I lost my good insurance and got crap to replace it. Sore subject.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

4.5 miles in the single digits with strong winds and nasty gusts. Worst was the drifting snow which was whipped up from the fluff by the gusts.

The fluff made it feel as if running on sand, and it was just as exhausting.

My head got so cold that I thought my brain would freeze, and I started wondering if your brain would signal "hypothermia" and behave accordingly if only the head was getting cold, but the rest of the body reasonably warm? (Similar to keeping the brain from recognizing hyperthermia in the body by keeping the head cool, e.g. with ice in your hat)

Stay warm, everyone!

Run for fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The cold and wind chill drove me inside today. An almost local LRS has Wednesday night runs in a vacant building in the shopping where they are located, so I drove the 45-50 minutes (during rush hour) to run 7 moderately fast miles indoors.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 really tough snowshoe "running" miles (almost hour and a half), we had a really short warmup yesterday morning that lasted all of two hours, but it crusted over the snow with about 1/4-1/2" of ice with about a foot of powder underneath- picked the wrong trail to boot, not a soul had been on it so I had to break the trail the entire way Sad

qotd: I'm required to get a complete physical every year for work (their dime)- I haven't had the "oscopy" yet, but probably should

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

AT, my thoughts are with your sister. How heartbreaking... I hope she comes through it ok.

3 miles through a foot of powder right at 0F today.. rode out the daylight as well. It's slow going most of the time, but the downhills make me feel kidlike, something in short supply these days.

qotd: not as often as I should on the regular exams, but thanks to the occasional feeling of dread I am ahead on screenings and such. guys who are not yet fifty: fear not, I don't remember a damn thing