Trailer Trash

Sniffling Sundailies (Read 30 times)

Marley and I got out for a nice 4 mile trail run, toughing out the allergies.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

Heading out now for a 6 mile tempo run then some circuit training at the gym.

Crazy weather here this weekend. Zane Grey 50M was cut to 33 miles because of a blizzard (this is in AZ). The Ragnar Zion race got cancelled half way through and the Salt Flats 100 had 80 MPH winds and driving rain that resulted in an 80% drop rate. Nuts!

QOTD: What's your greatest running weakness?

Mine is complacency. I'm running at a certain level and I've just stagnated right there. As a result, I'm actually losing speed and endurance. I need to focus on ramping things up just to maintain what I have, and hopefully make some gains.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

SRD for me.

QOTD: the running part itself would be my greatest weakness 

I have lacked some consistency in the past, and it's held me back I'm sure.

Sandy-2

A very ugly 20 miles this morning.  I guess it was good training for grunting thru on tired legs.  It was a steady 78* and humid the whole time (5ish to 9ish).  Second day of sweat-fest.  Only good thing was it was really windy, which is unusual for around here, we normally have very calm mornings.

qotd: Running when it's warm.  Either that or old age.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  6 this morning, mix of paved trail, dirt and sidewalk.  My piriformis was talking to me for a bit, reminding me to do some strength training.  So, I plan to get to the gym later today.

qotd:  running fast.  or more specifically, carrying thru on my plans to build speed into my training.

muppy

Plan on 10 or so trail miles later on today.

QOTD I would have to say mine is mental toughness. I ran a road 5K last summer that was hot and hilly, and I started walking up the last hill because I had side stitches. I got second place in my age group (was a small race) and the guy they got first place passed me on that hill.

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

Planning 7 at the state park today with the pointer. It is cold here. Spring is here..but still shrouded in winter. It is almost May and the daffodils juat Ade an appearance.

Qotd: so MANY weaknesses...which one to pick. I guess I would say my personal life upheaval. Two major job changes in 4 months, a major work schedual change, aging parents withedical probls and my DD and two grand babies just moved in with me in my one bedroom apt with my dog and two cats. Logistics with all that along with the stress make it hard make me get out there.

And I am slow.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Brian Runner

Rest day after yesterday's Hyner View Trail Challenge 25k. Race Report (still in rough draft form): http://www.briankunkle.com/2014/04/hyner-view-trail-challenge-2014-race.html

Daydreamer1

SRD. Did a 50k yesterday and the legs are kind of sore now. I'll probably post a short RR here in a little bit if I can get it typed up before I head off to work.

QOTD: Lack of time to get in quality training miles. I think I've only run one race that I was adequately trained for.  Then there is my stomach problems on anything over 13-15 miles. That's probably as bad as the under training.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I did 7 trail miles this morning. My legs felt surprisingly fresh today even after 6 straight days, maybe

theres some benefit to this daily running thing, I even ran up the hills I hike during my LR's.

Runtraildc: funny how that little muscle has such an effect when it's tight.

QOTD: I'm slow and not very competitive.

Sandy-2

Crazy weather here this weekend. Zane Grey 50M was cut to 33 miles because of a blizzard (this is in AZ). The Ragnar Zion race got cancelled half way through and the Salt Flats 100 had 80 MPH winds and driving rain that resulted in an 80% drop rate. Nuts!

My DD is doing b2b 50 mile rides this weekend in Santa Fe, NM.  This morning it's been slow-going, evidently they have had hail, sleet and snow.  She said I could have run with them, I would have much preferred their weather than what I had to put up with this morning.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Watoni

Coming off 135 miles on the bike yesterday. Was going to do 200 but the left knee objected to me ramping up from a long ride of 45 miles and a total of about 350 for the year. I am hoping for a run today but need to watch my knee.

QOTD: Lack of preparation and stubbornness. I did well on the second front yesterday, deciding to not push for the full 200. On the first front, well, not so much, but this is a start

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

hiked 4.25 miles in the hills, was weird not bombing down my familiar trails, but felt great to finally get back out!   definitely on the mend, hoping to mix some slow jogging in this coming week

took the Rev 1.5 for it's maiden spin, albeit not running- the pack rode very (very) comfortably- it's very light and has a surprisingly amount of room for it's diminutive size and everything up front is easy to access- two thumbs up thus far

qotd: besides being really, really slow- I have no known weaknesses Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Chnaiur

Still not running bc of a sore top of foot. It is strange, but heavy lifting makes it worse. Taking the kids rock-climbing this PM instead.

QOTD: I'm so injury-prone: after my achilleses healed, my arches are giving me trouble. I don't know what I need to do to be able to sustain even 35-40 mpw. Last year I eliminated almost all speedwork, and I'm really feeling that. Just don't know how I can add it back in when I'm not holding together.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Watoni

Coming off 135 miles on the bike yesterday. Was going to do 200 but the left knee objected to me ramping up from a long ride of 45 miles and a total of about 350 for the year. I am hoping for a run today but need to watch my knee.

QOTD: Lack of preparation and stubbornness. I did well on the second front yesterday, deciding to not push for the full 200. On the first front, well, not so much, but this is a start

Update: Ran local trails to my son's soccer game and back. Nice 3 miles at about 6:45 pace with a few small bumps. Knee was stiff at first but loosened up a bit. Shock update: A bit tired after a little over 8.5 hours on the bike yesterday. Should take it easy on the knee, but am really jonesing to run more.

Looking at the Garmin, was about 35 degrees descending Mt. Diablo at about 7am yesterday. No wonder my hands were burning numb even through long-fingered gloves.