Trailer Trash

Not yet winter wednesday (Read 36 times)

XtremeTaper

Not freezing here. In fact, I was tempted to run the last few miles of my lunchtime run shirtless. The wind was behind me and it was sunny and warm. Too bad it won't last. Run today was a hilly 6 mile road run at lunchtime. This loop closes with a 1/2 mile section of dirt road about a mile from my house. This dirt road is pretty much unnavigable to regular cars due to huge ruts. Well, at the bottom of the hill a jeep and a truck were parked and as I swerved onto the road a woman gets out of the jeep and the dude from the truck gives her a bearhug. Just a weird place to see that. Oh, and as I was running up the hill they had some heavy equipment out leveling the road. Made it very nice for running up. Hopefully they don't plan to pave it.

QOTD: Never received too many silly comments. A few yes, but generally they are from people that don't know what else to say when they hear you've run ridiculous distances. Easiest way to avoid them is only talk running to runners.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hoping to get in an interval workout this afternoon as it looks like the last warm day for a while.

QOTD: I get comments, but nothing I'd consider silly. I was a little amused that one of the women xc runners on the local college team seemed to think a 10 mile training run was "amazing" - her word. I will add in her defense that she's never run before this year so she probably hasn't come to terms or realized what training can be like and how many miles some people run.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

Catching Sandhill Cranes for the rest of the week so SRD I suppose for me. I'll get after again once work settles down and I can come back up to breathe.

That counts as cross training. Let me guess, you are catching them for Obama's personal collection of Sandhill Cranes?

LB2

Watoni

Wow! Perfect timing on the QOTD:

I just got back from seeing a sports doc who wants me to do an MRI for my right Achilles. He also wanted to put me in a heel lift for walking, which I hate and "never walk in bare feet." I am just thinking of being careful, taping it and moving back slowly. These guys treat the SF Giants, but advocate stability, more support, blah blah blah as if this were the 80s and give blank looks when you say how far you ran

As my grandfather would have said, they probably can't cure a ham

moonlightrunner

Qitd: unlike most of you I incessantly talk about my running to runners and non runners. Nothing they say about it brothers me.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Nothing planned today...I'm tempted to get the rollers/bike out or maybe just a kettlebell workout

QOTD: I had a coworker ask me how many miles I ran this week (he seems consistently genuinely interested in my running) to which I replied "I haven't been running because I think I have a stress fracture in my foot***".  He replied "Oh, so we ran the same amount this week".

***I think I have a stress fracture on the ball of my left foot.  It's been 9 weeks since I initially felt the pain and its still there.  It doesn't get better as the run progresses.  I'm pretty convinced it is not a soft tissue thing.

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

***I think I have a stress fracture on the ball of my left foot.  It's been 9 weeks since I initially felt the pain and its still there.  It doesn't get better as the run progresses.  I'm pretty convinced it is not a soft tissue thing.

Now that sucks. My 2 cents to this are: You may be right, or you may be wrong. Perhaps an X-ray would not be such a bad idea.

I had some bad pain on the top of my foot (above the arch) for a while, and a slight swelling. I was not sure what it could be, perhaps a cyst, or a stress fracture, or anything else. At times, it hurt quite a bit. I changed the lacing of my shoes, avoiding the criss-cross above the spot (which meant that I had one criss-cross at the bottom where the laces start, then nothing, and then one criss-cross again at the very top, right before tying the laces into a bow). It felt awkward for the first few runs, but I got used to it, and it helped. I guess I had just worn a shoe that was too tight, which caused some swelling, which took a while (6+ weeks) to go away again.

And one sign that my shoes are worn out is that they give me bad pain on the inside of the ball of my left foot. Took a while until I had figured that out, but when I get new shoes then, the pain goes away within a week or two.

Perhaps some ideas that might help you, too. Hope your injury is not as bad as you fear it might be.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Spending 24 hours at work and so for it's been busy. Oh well, I probably need the rest day.

QOTD:  Several things irritate me somewhat but there are two that stand out. Those that ask for advice but have absolutely no intention of even trying it.  They can kind of piss me off because they are constantly asking just to hear themselves talk.  Number two are those people who say "I should start running again, but I need to get in shape first" .  Can't beleive how idiotic some people are.

All in all though, I often try to downplay how far I run or ride so not to discourage those who are contemplating getting into the sport.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Now that sucks. My 2 cents to this are: You may be right, or you may be wrong. Perhaps an X-ray would not be such a bad idea.

I had some bad pain on the top of my foot (above the arch) for a while, and a slight swelling. I was not sure what it could be, perhaps a cyst, or a stress fracture, or anything else. At times, it hurt quite a bit. I changed the lacing of my shoes, avoiding the criss-cross above the spot (which meant that I had one criss-cross at the bottom where the laces start, then nothing, and then one criss-cross again at the very top, right before tying the laces into a bow). It felt awkward for the first few runs, but I got used to it, and it helped. I guess I had just worn a shoe that was too tight, which caused some swelling, which took a while (6+ weeks) to go away again.

And one sign that my shoes are worn out is that they give me bad pain on the inside of the ball of my left foot. Took a while until I had figured that out, but when I get new shoes then, the pain goes away within a week or two.

Perhaps some ideas that might help you, too. Hope your injury is not as bad as you fear it might be.

Thanks Couch!  My plan is to wait it out.  I'm signed up for a 5k the Saturday after Thanksgiving...unless something changes, this will be the next time I run.  If I'm not 100% for that race, then I'll seek professional help.

**Ask me about streaking**

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Haven't run since Saturday... and the way my gut feels right now don't think I'll run tonight.

QOTD:  My BIL asked me why I ran since I was going to die anyways.  I tried to explain the good feelings etc. which he didn't understand so I told him I run so I can drink beer and still look good.  He got that.  Like most stated I don't really talk about running unless someone is interested and then I try to convince them they should start running.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dpc3

That counts as cross training. Let me guess, you are catching them for Obama's personal collection of Sandhill Cranes?

I'm part of a super secret Wildlife catching task force building Obama's personal animal collection.  Next up white sigfrid and Roy white tigers.

LB2

I'm part of a super secret Wildlife catching task force building Obama's personal animal collection.  Next up white sigfrid and Roy white tigers.

I knew it!!!!

LB2