Trailer Trash

Tranisition prescription sunglasses advice (Read 33 times)

trail2wlns

Looking for a pair of transition sunglasses that I can have fitted with my prescription that won't break the bank. Any advice would be  appreciated.

XtremeTaper

I just use my regular glasses for running, with one of those glass strap thingies so I can cinch them tight if needed. I always purchase transition lenses since I am outdoors so much. When I purchase new glasses (every 2-3 years), I use the new pair for day to day non-running activities, and the old pair becomes my running glasses.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

My son uses RecSpecs, but I am not sure if they make transition lenses.

I myself don't own sportsglasses, I use my regular glasses (not transition) with a strap (Croakies), or I tuck the ends under a headband. It works. Transition lenses would be great, though, at least for most conditions. I am not sure if they are good if part of the trail is in deep shade, and part is in full sun, they might be too dark?

When I need sunglasses, I use my normal (non-prescription) sunglasses and accept that I'm half-blind with them. Fortunately, my trails are mostly in the shade, so I need sunglasses for road running only, and only when the sun is really bright.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

My eyes are very sensitive to light so I need transitions lenses. Right now this is what I'm using, www.drivewearlens.com. There are two problems with them. One is they don't get quite as clear inside as regular transitions lenses, and the other is they are quite expensive, at least for me. I also need progressive vision lens and their technology for that is quite expensive. As I recall I could have saved quite a bit if I could have just gotten single vision lenses. But the bottom line is they work very well, and since they are polarized the glare is greatly reduced.