Trailer Trash

White Rim Trail FKT: Video, Pictures and a Bunch of Words (Read 54 times)

muppy

Kelly, that's simply amazing, I can't imagine running that far by yourself, congratulations!

LB2

Kelly, that's simply amazing, I can't imagine running that far by yourself, congratulations!

Amazing!?! I think a time of 17:47:24 would be amazing. A 17:47:25 is average, at best.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Amazing!?! I think a time of 17:47:24 would be amazing. A 17:47:25 is average, at best.

Dick!

LB2

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

congrats on the FKT- one heck of an accomplishment!

I'm sure Hammer is glad they brought you on board (I didn't know they were headquartered in Whitefish- I lived there years ago Smile)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

congrats on the FKT- one heck of an accomplishment!

I'm sure Hammer is glad they brought you on board (I didn't know they were headquartered in Whitefish- I lived there years ago Smile)

They're glad when I do cool shit and they get grumpy when I screw off at races drinking beer. So I try to throw in something like this on occasion to keep them off my ass. They're coming around to my ways though. They made me this after my FKT....

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

But do you know when and where PBR got that blue ribbon?

They're glad when I do cool shit and they get grumpy when I screw off at races drinking beer. So I try to throw in something like this on occasion to keep them off my ass. They're coming around to my ways though. They made me this after my FKT....

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Occasional Runner

But do you know when and where PBR got that blue ribbon?

Two stories:

1- They once tied a blue ribbon around the neck of the bottles back in the 1800's.

2- There's also a claim that the beer won a blue ribbon as America's Finest Beer, but it's unconfirmed.

Will run for scenery.

Wow, Kelly, that's really something to be proud of!

I can totally see how a FKT attempt would be more stressful than a group race.  Not to mention having to break all the spiderwebs.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Two stories:

1- They once tied a blue ribbon around the neck of the bottles back in the 1800's.

2- There's also a claim that the beer won a blue ribbon as America's Finest Beer, but it's unconfirmed.

Would Smithsonianmag.com be an accepted authority?

Pabst won blue ribbon at 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Great Report!

I think the most amazing thing here is your ability to bounce back after being sick.  Your recovery ability across the board is incredible. The second most amazing thing is your wife.  She is great. I think you two have something going.  If it wasn't for your ridiculous race schedule, you two could start your own "Ultra Running" business. You could coach and pace a newbie through their first 100 and Jo could crew for them.  I think you'd have some folks pay for that.  She is the best crew in the business so it would be hard to put a price on that.

I see other FKT records in your future.

Thanks as always for sharing.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Thanks, Jamie. I had an amazing recovery after being sick. I came out of that feeling incredibly strong and that's what ultimately led me to change the date of my run. I knew I could only beat the record when I was at my strongest and seemed like that was now.

I can't say enough about how awesome my wife is. She's the real deal and nobody can do what she does. Without her, I wouldn't have nearly as many successes. I'm lucky to have her in my life, supporting me in every way.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, Kelly, just amazing!

Maybe if Hammer put their Recoverite into cans, more trail runners would use it?

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

I'm just happy that they quit being angry with me over my use of beer as my primary recovery drink. I feel like I'm making progress.

Congratulations, Kelly, just amazing!

Maybe if Hammer put their Recoverite into cans, more trail runners would use it?

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

They should develop a beer suppliment.  "add this packet of lime flavored electrolytes/vitamins/horse marrow extract to a 12 oz can of PBR and improve your recovery time 236% !!!"  They dont need to say that the beer is doing all the work.

Awesome job on the FKT..You are the most famousest person i know.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16