Trailer Trash

Dark Sundaily (Read 35 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

I've been thinking that maybe I need to do that. There's a number of things that it could be. Right now I'm chalking it up to being very busy with a lot of stress in my life. But I'm also wondering if taking Prilosec and/or Zantac for my reflux is hurting my performance. Some papers have been written showing that could be the case.

I don't know about you but I don't go the doctor unless something is falling off. A few

months ago I was feeling sluggish and tired, lasted several weeks, I paid more attention

to my nutrition (specifically my protein intake) and it seemed to help. My training this past

5 weeks has been top-notch, not sure if its related but nutrition is the only variable I changed.

Can't speak for the meds, I'm lucky enough not to be on anything.

Occasional Runner

I don't know about you but I don't go the doctor unless something is falling off. A few

months ago I was feeling sluggish and tired, lasted several weeks, I paid more attention

to my nutrition (specifically my protein intake) and it seemed to help. My training this past

5 weeks has been top-notch, not sure if its related but nutrition is the only variable I changed.

Can't speak for the meds, I'm lucky enough not to be on anything.

I ramp up my protein intake when I feel like that too. It always seems to pull out of it.

Brian Runner

For some reason I feel slow with no stamina on most of my runs. I'm not quite sure why.

How is your protein intake?  Earlier this year I found myself running hard and only getting weaker. Tried a bunch of changes, nothing really had much effect, even rest. The turning point seems to have been Hammer Vegan Protein. The last two and a half to three months have seriously been like night and day for me. Just a thought....

EDIT: hmm, just read the second page of this thread. Seems everybody else had the same idea.

Watoni

Another 35 miles and 4,000 feet on the bike. Anxious to get running again after two weeks on the bike (literally: 1100+ miles and 150,000 feet in ten days in the Pyrenees), but just spinning the legs out.

Daydreamer1

If anything I'm probably a little high on my protein intake as I eat a fairly meat heavy diet. After most hard or long training runs I use a protein shake that I've been using for years. If I don't I can always tell the difference in recovery time.

I recently read a article that claimed that some of the acid reducing medications can inhibit absorbtion of certain nutrients. The problem is that if I stop taking the stupid things, then I get a lot of acid production on runs accompanied with belching and bloating. That's something the Perpetuem really seems to help with reducing.

Looking over my mileage logs my run mileage is about the same as last year but my biking miles are way off. That may have something to do with it as well.

Daydreamer1

Another 35 miles and 4,000 feet on the bike. Anxious to get running again after two weeks on the bike (literally: 1100+ miles and 150,000 feet in ten days in the Pyrenees), but just spinning the legs out.

Sounds like a good time. Are we going to get a ride report?

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

After a hard day at work, I'm looking forward to a late night run again. I had a great run last night, it was cold and so foggy in patches that I could barely see the path at all. Almost missed a turnoff which is clearly marked, with a reflective sign and a post (which should light up like a flare in the beam of my 165-lumens headlamp), but nada. Nice fog makes you feel you are running on clouds, lulls you into comfort, so you don't feel the effort and get lost in time and space. Big grin

So once again, I set a PR on that route, without even trying hard.

But I promise, this was my last long-ish run (13 miles) before next Saturday's 100M!

DD1: The antacids can inhibit magnesium absorption, which might account for the cramping? Have some bloodwork done, can't hurt (uhm, at least not as bad as a tired and fatigued run).

QOTD: Pumpkin pie!!

Run for fun.

Finished the Vermont 50k in 7:10. About 5-6000 feet of elevation gain. Takeaway - I need more hill training.

But it was gorgeous! Full RR will be up this week.

muppy

Trails and cocktails, congrats on Vermont!