Trailer Trash

Recipes, Cookies, Quinoa, Oh My! (Read 426 times)

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

I think it looks delicious.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Refurbished Hip

I think it looks delicious.

You just want me to bake you pie. Big grin

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

You just want me to bake you pie. Big grin

Well, yeah. Perhaps. We could make cookies, too. Wink

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I just want to draw your attention to a very quick and easy fruit bake, which makes it easy to justify your long runs (after all, someone will have to bring home the blackberries, blueberries, raspberries,...):

2 Tbsp butter

3/4 cup flour (I use whole grain)

1/4 to 1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

3/4 cup milk

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 to 3 cups of fruit (berries, or diced)

1Tbsp lemon juice

ground cinnamon (e.g. for black- or blueberries) or ginger (e.g. for peaches)

In a deep 9x13 cookie sheet, or a deep pie dish, or a n oven-proof glass or ceramic dish, melt the butter (I do this by placing the dish with the butter in the oven for a few minutes while pre-heating to 350 F).

Mix flour, sugar (adjust amount to taste and sweetness of the fruits), baking powder and salt.

Wash fruit if needed, add lemon juice, mix gently.

Add vanilla to milk, and then the milk to flour mixture, blend quickly until smooth.

Swirl butter in baking dish to cover the surface, then pour batter into hot butter. Quickly sprinkle fruit over batter. Sprinkle a dash of spice on top.

Bake at 350F for about 30minutes, until edges are slightly brown, and center is set (test with a toothpick, if it comes out clean, it is done, but the fruit might stick to the toothpick).

Notes:

It tastes great warm out of the oven, or cold, with whipped cream, or ice cream.

You can also add your favorite streusel or crumble topping before baking.

Run for fun.