Trailer Trash

The Saturdaily (Read 36 times)

NorthernHarrier

Just got up here a little bit ago. The fire is roaring and my food is put away. Tons of snow here, maybe 20" on the ground so a quick snowshoe around to check on things then I'll be running some icy and snowy roads with screw shoes. Temp is a balmy 8F which is the warmest I think I have seen in a week. Shorts weather!

E/A  Forgot to mention I saw a bobcat on the way in. Pretty cool and maybe only the 4th or 5th kitty I have seen in the wild.

runtraildc - just show up with a dog, DH will fall in love after the fight.

+1 to that. If you bring home a little Springer pup and he doesn't just melt it is time for a new DH. Cold and heartless.

Mt. Warden--4-5 hrs. running on snowshoes and probably breaking trail too... I'll say it again, you're an animal!

sugnim

Good afternoon, Trailers.  After rehearsing with my wind quintet this morning, I went out with my son in the stroller & my dog at my side for a nice 8 miles on the ice.  The daylight is always a treat to run in this time of year since I only get do so on the weekends.  I found a really nice knife on the trail, too--looks like it has never even been used.  I'll put up a notice at the trail head & on craig's list to see if I can find the owner, otherwise I'll keep it.

QOTD:  My favorite runs in the summer are in the hills during a thunderstorm.  I really don't like running in temps above 70, so summer is not my favorite time to run.  When we get a nice storm, I always head for the hills since there is no shade there and I usually don't run there in the summer.  The smell of the rain in the sweet grass is intoxicating.  And whenever the thunder crashes, it freaks me out just a little bit and makes me run faster.  I finish the run drenched and happy.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

10.2 slow road miles. That was a really tough run. Really windy, really cold, really sloppy. The streets are still a mess and some people *still* haven't shoveled, the bastards.  But I need to start getting in longer runs if I'm gonna do this race in Arizona.  It was a good time on my feet kinda run.

QOTD: Ahhhhh, summer.  Any run in the summer is a good run Smile  Even when it's 90 degrees, I am just thankful it's not like how it is today.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I found a really nice knife on the trail, too--looks like it has never even been used.  I'll put up a notice at the trail head & on craig's list to see if I can find the owner, otherwise I'll keep it.

nice- you found first aid kit stuff earlier, pretty soon you'll have a full kit  

NH- no animal, just slow and steady   Bobcats are pretty secretive, you don't see them often

just got back from my run, the trail was packed for about 4 miles (and 4 on the return) so I only had to shoe about 6 miles; was also treated to our first warmish day (got to the low 20's); first run in a long time w/ no ice in the stache!  the deer were also enjoying the warmup

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

+1 to that. If you bring home a little Springer pup and he doesn't just melt it is time for a new DH. Cold and heartless.

You guys are a bunch of enablers.

LB2

Ran 5 with the dog. It was sort of a blah run.

QOTD: I guess a night run during the summer would be the closest thing to bearable I can think of. Perfect and summer run don't really fit into the same sentence down here.

LB2

Yes, DH.  Not a dog lover.  Harrier got it right, I need a dog.  Maybe more.  I'll wear DH down eventually.

I can't imagine being dog-less on a long term basis!

After Cookie died, my DW said she didn't want another dog.  She was pretty insistent.  Then she was the one to find 8 month old Marley.  DW knew she was going to be traveling for a couple weeks and knew I would probably have an 8 week old puppy when she got back.  She figured that an 8 month old pup was going to be less hassle than an 8 week old one.  Hence the compromise.  It worked out well because Marley is a great dog and we both love her.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida